How do you decorate your home for the holidays?

CafeMom Team

Asked by CafeMom Team at 8:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• I add white lights to the front of my house and the inside is decorated with a 12' or higher tree with all the trimmings.

Answer by older at 8:21 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• White lights outside and my livingroom is the main tree which is 7ft tall with all silver and purple. Then green garland in all the entry ways. The Chrismas Village ( a gift my my wonderful Grandmother ) is along the mantel. Then downstairs is the kids very colorful tree.
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 8:38 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Our holiday decor starts in September when we bring out the fall leaf garlands, harvest wreath, mini pumpkins and gourds and the scarecrows. In October we add spooky touches like ghosts flying in the yard, our graveyard, spooky jars placed around (one with bones, one with spider "eggs", one with a sparkling skull, one with misc. bugs) and lots of spider web. For November we take down the spooky bits and the scarecrows but leave up the fall stuff and add our cornucopia, turkey, etc to the decor. On Black Friday all of the fall comes down and Christmas goes up - pine garland on the banister, oodles of magical white twinkle lights, a tree in the living room, one for the kitchen, one for the bathroom and one for the school room (we don't put all of these up the same day, that's just too much). This will be our 1st Christmas here, so I'm not sure about the rest, but we are excited.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:39 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I put up alot of fake pine for winter. Garlands, wreaths, the main Christmas tree and two other, smaller trees. In a year or two I am going to start a snowman family scene. Shhhh.... dh doesn't know it yet!
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 9:26 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Put up the Christmas tree, and hang light on the farmers porch.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 8:40 AM on Nov. 26, 2010

• I put up a tree and put out my poinsettia flower arrangements along with candles and I put lights around the house.
    marlarrie

Answer by marlarrie at 8:19 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• we put lights around the house, put up a tree and stockings... not much but we dont have much income
    jtaylor87

Answer by jtaylor87 at 9:43 PM on Nov. 26, 2010

• We do the traditional tree, I put Mr. and Mrs. Santa in the window. I put Christmas tablecloths in the dining room and kitchen. Outside we have a few of the lighted deer and some lights. I have a lot of stuff to put indoors, but outside it can be tough as every year we find something that doesn't work, so we will see what will work this year and how much money is in the budget to replace it.
    3mom627

Answer by 3mom627 at 1:40 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Over the years that I have been living out on my own with hubby I have accumulated quite a bit of decorations. Some people bought me, some I bought and some are things I have had since I was a kids. I have 3 Muppet Babies stuffed animals that are dressed Christmas like and I have had them since I was 4. I have Kermit, Fozzy, and Miss Piggy!!! I put out all my nick-knacks and my snowmen, teddy bears on my entertainment center, and we put up a tree and decorate it differently each year. I don't have a them I just love decorating and having the kids help!!
    mommaT1983

Answer by mommaT1983 at 9:02 AM on Dec. 2, 2010

• I have my mother's manger scene on a large library table in the living room. Then I decorate three trees: a tall real Douglas Fir for the living room, a fake medium-sized white one in the family room, and a very small fake green and gold one in our bedroom. My son takes care of his own bedroom decorations. We have a wreath for the front door and all sorts of knickknacks, stuffed animals, etc. throughout, Christmas runners on the dining table and mantel, candles all over, holiday towels and nightlights in the bathrooms. and blue and white outdoor lights along the eaves.
    ChezBelle

Answer by ChezBelle at 10:23 PM on Dec. 6, 2010