What's your favorite meal to cook during the holidays?

CafeMom Team

Asked by CafeMom Team at 8:20 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• Thanksgiving!!!!!!

Answer by older at 8:20 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Turkey with all the fixings!!
    TJones32

Answer by TJones32 at 8:23 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Christmas dinner because I'm not bound by THE TRADITIONAL MENU of Thanksgiving. In the past we've done everything from a Beef Wellington to Jambalaya. generally, though I like it because it's one of the few times that someone else will either cook the meal or one of my big kids comes and helps me.
    MeggieSwan

Answer by MeggieSwan at 8:23 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Christmas dinner. For Thanksgiving certain things are expected, for Christmas I plan what I want.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 8:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Christmas. I have more freedome to do what I want and change is up every year. Thanksgiving is Tradional and tradition is expected. But Christmas I change is up every year. last year we did Tapas.
    batjmom

Answer by batjmom at 8:36 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I love Christmas Turkey, Brown Sugar Ham, Artichoke Dressing,Cornbread Dressing, and You can never Forget Dessert Fudge,Pecan Pie, and Sweet potato pie and More.
    estop

Answer by estop at 11:47 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My favorite meal to cook for the holidays is Pernil (pork shoulder) I season it 2 to 3 days in advance and put it in the oven, slowly cook it and at the end i put the heat up so it can crisp the skin.. every one here loves it, it comes out tasty and so soft :) I love to get the compliments jeje.. and also I make "coquito" which is a type of drink much like the egg nog, it has rum, coconut cream and spices.. yummy :) oh and cant forget the "besitos de coco" (yeah i love coconut lol) these are coconut sweets.. you make them in the oven.. kids love them! Happy Holidays!
    yvonne37

Answer by yvonne37 at 7:13 AM on Dec. 3, 2010

• Sweet Potato pie..YUMMM!!!
    wendyl006

Answer by wendyl006 at 9:44 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I love to make the big turkey and have my kids help with all of the meal. My girls are getting old enough that they want to help with everything. My favorite is banana bread and have that on christmas morning with the girls opening presents and just hanging out with the family
    Nickquilts

Answer by Nickquilts at 9:45 AM on Dec. 10, 2010

• Thanksgiving is turkey, ham, stuffing, yams, mustard greens, mac and cheese, corn on the cob, sweet potato pie, vanilla cake with chocolate icing.
    Christmas is cornish hens, roast, carrots, yams, collard greens, stuffing, mashed potatos, red velvet cake, chocolate cake, apple pie, chocolate and banana trifold.
    AliMomof2grlz

Answer by AliMomof2grlz at 8:52 PM on Dec. 16, 2010