Does it make you crazy?

I have a boy!! I dress him in blue all the time. Outfits with trucks and what not. Then when I am in a store with him people come up and say what a beautiful little girl. AHHH!!!

chicmom85

Asked by chicmom85 at 8:35 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• Ah, tha will soon change, but I can see how it would drive you crazy. They used to do that to my boy, saying he was so pretty, and he was, I guess they just don't think of boys being pretty.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:38 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I had problems w/ my little girl, and I'd wear pink, she had her ears peirced, she would have bows in her hair for goodness sakes how can you mistake a big bow!!! I even had a shirt/onesie that said I'm a girl on it! lol! Loved it! But people aren't to bright sometimes.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 9:35 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• See now that is why I say cute baby or cute little one. I don't genderize to avoid that mistake. who knows maybe a mom likes to dress her girl in boys clothes or just didn't have anything else. So I don't take the chance. I don't recall having that problem when my daughter was little but if my son comes with hair like his daddy and older brother I may have that problem this time around. Can we say shirts for all that say I'M A BOY PEOPLE!!
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 10:12 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I compliment the beautiful baby. I try not to adress gender unless it's blatantly obvious. When people referred to my baby by the wrong gender I tried to focus on the compliment more than the error. Their intentions were good and any positive interaction between strangers is a wonderful thing!
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 10:34 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• They called my DD a boy for 2 years, no hair on her head, but swathed in pink and still they called her a boy.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Well Felipe wears pink all the time and is growing his hair out now, so I'm sure I'll be getting this sometime soon. I doubt it would bother me.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 1:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Oh, my first daughter was 9 months old dressed in patterned tights, a dress, shiny little shoes, and a hair band with a big flower and we were in a restaurant and these people came up and said what an adorable little boy! How old is he? I replied SHE is 9 months!! They said have fun and enjoy because they grow up so fast but it is really fun raising boys!! I was so frustrated but my husband just laughed. I get ya, really!!!

mommyqua

Answer by mommyqua at 3:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2010