Color of bowels

My almost 3 month old is having bright green bowels (like floresent sp?). hes had some sort of green color bowels for at least a month now, dark and bright. I wasnt concerned until his babysitter (my sisterinlaws mom) suggested I just ask the doctor. He is on formula and hasnt changed his formula. Is this normal?

lmack6882

Asked by lmack6882 at 9:45 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yep, a babies poops can be anywhere from greens, browns, yellows, etc, my cousin, way back when a new mom, fed her son beets and he pooped purple and she freaked out LOL its a running joke in our family. When babies pooped daily or multiple times a day that is normal, when they switch to once a day to once a week that becomes a new normal. How your baby processes his/her food, that is normal as well, things are changing in our little people. But if it still bothers you, ask your doctor. Good Luck
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 10:32 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• YUP.. normal
    JulesInCa

Answer by JulesInCa at 4:16 AM on Nov. 5, 2008