I have a question about crabs...(pubic lice)

I know through sexual contact isn't the *only* way you can contract crabs (though I know it is the most common way), but my husband has a case of it and says he has no idea how it happened. He says he may have got it from a toilet seat...I'm just curious. TIA!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Health

• Most likely by having sex or skin-to-skin contact with someone who has them. It's possible, though, that you picked them up by using a towel, clothes, or bedding previously used by somebody with crabs. The lice can survive for up to 24 hours on clothing and other items that have been in close contact with an infested person. It's a common misbelief that crabs can be easily contracted from sitting on a public toilet seat. This is not impossible but very rare, since lice don't have feet designed to walk or hold onto smooth surfaces.

from http://www.ahealthyme.com/topic/topic13103#s10

flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 9:49 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Yeah, its not impossible to get it from somewhere other than sex, but I would be MIGHTY suspicious!!!
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 10:38 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• What if I said I have found gay porn on our computer (he knows I know about this) and he's had crabs before, 5 years ago. I found the gay porn about three years ago (I think) and he denied it until I showed him and I've found it at least three more times...each time he's denied it.

He says he's not gay and that he's never had"sex with a member of the opposite sex), but that he was molested by an older man (older men is the type of porn I've found) when he was younger.

What should I think, what should I do?

I'm not able to leave (nowhere to go) and he knows this. He is NOT abusive to me or our 2 children, but our marriage is not a strong one and the trust has been destroyed.
    Anonymous

• Ok just saying here for the sake of arguement that you can get them from bedding. One time my b/f & I spend the night at this house where there was a party (this was in high school) & we got crabs from this yucky mattress. next day we both had them. bleck! I still itch thinking about it. So no doesnt have to be sex to get them but you have to in close contact to something/someone for bit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• you might wanna wash ur clothes and bedding and sweep the floor or carpet clean it. Tell him to shave or google it to get some stuff to get rid of it
    Anonymous

• Um, cheating on you is being abusive. Mentally and emotionally. Him taking advantage of your low self esteem and inability to leave is abuse. Mentally and emotionally.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:00 AM on Nov. 9, 2008