HOW CAN I EXCERSICE WITHOUT A GYM?

I NEED TO START EXERCISING BECAUSE I'M 5'1 AND 108 LBS ... BUT ITS ALL FAT ... NO FIRMNESS ... NOT TONE AND SINCE MY DAUGHTERS BIRTH 7 MONTHS AGO NO BUTT ... SERIOUSLLLLLY ... I'M MORE FLAT A 10 YR OLD ..

scared19yrold

Asked by scared19yrold at 9:51 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• This may not be an option for you with a baby, but I joined a martial arts class...and put my kids in it as well! I have an outside job anyway, but the class works muscles that don't get worked at my job. I'm getting firmer, and there are no gyms or weights. Scales tell me I'm not losing much...yet, but my father and my instructor tell me I'm losing. Must be turning into muscle. I have other motivation as well, but that's another story.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 10:19 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• You could always try to get a job at a gym with a daycare in it. Than you could work out for free and get daycare for free and get paid for when you work! I use my daughter to lift. That's 20 ilbs running around right there! I do airplane with her, I lift her up in the air and put her up and down. It works and my arms are firmer.
    Kenzies_momma

Answer by Kenzies_momma at 11:01 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• 108 lbs! for your height you are on the light side of average weight
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 1:37 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• yes 108 and 5'1 but if you saw me you wouldn't think so i look like 120 or so .. i'm not firm at all
    scared19yrold

Answer by scared19yrold at 9:57 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• If you have a Wii, I just got the Wii Fit and I love it. And I am one the would never exercise. I love it.

shoegal

Answer by shoegal at 10:01 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• lol I HAVE THE WII FIT LOL BUT I NEVER USE IT .. I SILL START WITH IT AGAIN
    scared19yrold

Answer by scared19yrold at 10:32 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I usually turn on the cable and find the work out channels since i cant go to the gym. My son is old enough to do it with me but if you have a smaller child they can either watch you or exercise when they are a sleep. Sometimes i make up my work out by turning on the music and either dance or do punching and kicking exersizes. cheaper that way. Or you can go out and buy a work out video. use your immagination and make up stuff, be creative or look up exersizing on the internet. Hope that helps
    alangel17

Answer by alangel17 at 3:50 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• 10 minutes, 3 times a day. to tighten up you need to build muscle mass. do some light lifting, maybe some crunches, leg lifts. the 3 times a day makes it into a routine instead of feeling like a workout. i find with two little kids i have no time for the 30 min plus workouts so it works so much better.
    2babygirls_mom

Answer by 2babygirls_mom at 1:07 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I love doing workout videos at home. I have about 15 exercise DVD's, ranging from Denise Austin's Power Zone series, to Turbo Jam, The Biggest Loser workout, VH1's Celebrity Fit Club Boot Camp, and various other Pilates, Yoga, and Kickboxing DVDs. I love working out in my living room. When I first started, I could only do 10 or 12 minutes. In the last year, I've worked up to 60 minutes. I've lost 30 pounds, and my muscles are firm, and I feel fabulous! I never, ever go to the gym, I just pop in a DVD and I'm good to go. On days that I don't feel like doing a butt-kicking workout, I just walk to pick up my kids from school. It's about 2 miles. There are definitely other ways besides going to the gym to get fit, if you are committed!
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 9:23 AM on Nov. 8, 2008