Is this normal?

The almost 3 year old I babysit cannot say or do anything without me responding. He'll just keep saying or doing it until I respond. I have my own 2 1/2 year old plus his 14 month old sister so it's not practical for me to sit there all day and say yes that it a truck. Yes I saw you jump. He seems to have no concept of the other 2 needing attention. If either of the other 2 get attention he tries to steal it by doing whatever they do. Even getting hurt. And if I'm reading a story and the baby gets hurt he gets mad that I have to stop the story. He gets equal attention to my son. Of course the baby gets more them. But he wants all the attention all the time.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• for a 3yo, ya
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:12 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think it is perfectly normal for a 3 yr old. I have a 4 year old that constantly says "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy"...even if I am looking right at her and watching what she is doing..I have to verbally respond to her before she is satisfied.
    LoveMyKids0203

Answer by LoveMyKids0203 at 9:24 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yes, that behavior is perfectly normal.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 9:32 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• it is normal @ that age. my son is 5 and does that alot he was diagnosed with ADHD, but im pretty sure its normal for all kids that age. my 2yearold does it also
    pookysmommy

Answer by pookysmommy at 9:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• yup, normal. My 3.5 yr old does it sometimes. I have her, a 7 month old & I watch my 3 month old nephew. She's usually pretty good, but sometimes gets jealous. Isn't it fun?
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 11:40 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• yeah normal... my 3 year old gets "owwas" when wher 2 year old sister does... heck she even asked the DR to give her a shot because her lil sis needed one! ha!
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yes, that behavior is perfectly normal. My little one is doing this too!
    Goodniteandgo

Answer by Goodniteandgo at 11:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yup, 100% normal.
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 6:35 AM on Nov. 27, 2010