Do you think girls or boys are easier to raise? Why?

newmom28

Asked by newmom28 at 9:12 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• in reference to teen years...BOYS

I think its dependent on the individuals involved tho
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:14 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Depends on the child, and the point in their life you're referring to.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 9:14 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• In infancy/toddler years I didn't notice much difference. Now that my DD is 11, I have to say boys. Her mood is all over the place - I never had that issue with the boys. She drives me absolutely crazy sometimes!
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 9:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I had both and I can tell you my son is an angel and was in comparison to my girls.

Answer by older at 9:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• You know, each child has their own set of joys and trials. I've raised twin boys into adulthood, had a daughter in the middle of her teen years and a son starting his teen years. Honestly, my children have all had their moments, but the early teen years were harder with my twins than with my daughter. And thus far, her high school years (Sophomore) are extremely easy; she doesn't do the drama. My youngest son is in his last year of middle school and so far - easy.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think when they are young, girls are easier and when they are teens boys are easier, and this is a huge generalization, obviously there are exceptions to the rule.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:22 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My kids are 7, 4, and 2. The oldest is a boy, he is by far, 100% easier than these girls!
    Rachel24517

Answer by Rachel24517 at 9:27 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Girls, probably cause I am one.
    b_stotka

Answer by b_stotka at 9:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Girls.. because that's all I have..lol
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:35 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It depends on the individual child, the skills of the parent, and the specific set of experiences that life has handed them. My son was easier than my daughter in many ways during the early years, and he's more difficult as a teen. Generalizations aren't always accurate, everyone is so very different!
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 9:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2010