Experiences with copper IUD

Ive noticed for the past months my libido has seriously decreased. While I love my birth control YAZ because it doesnt make me gain weight (a big problem I have that cannot afford to have), I think it may be time to switch BCs. Ive read that the copper iud has no hormones, is a long term birth control option, and doesnt make you gain weight. Please tell me about your experiences with the copper IUD (such as Paraguard)!

serioussifL

Asked by serioussifL at 9:13 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Health

• I have the Paraguard and love it. Periods are slightly heavier but pms is not as bad as with bc pills and i had basically no pain on insertion.
    saydeejo

Answer by saydeejo at 10:33 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Mirena is the only evil IUD, in my opinion. I have the Paragard (switched to it after having Mirena for 3 years) and I LOVE it! The link to the Paragard group is on my page if you want to learn more about it. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:01 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• P.S. The Paragard has NO hormones..the Mirena does. I guarantee the Paragard does not cause weight gain; in fact, it has minimal to NO side effects (aside from slightly heavier period in SOME cases - not mine, though).
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 10:04 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have a copper IUD (migraines every month on hormonal birth control pills). It's been great. My periods are a little heavier some months but that could just be that I'm getting older. I think I'm nearing the end of life for this one though. I need to make a doctor appointment.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 10:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I had a copper IUD after my DD was born.I had it for two years and I'm not sure if it was the iud but I gained thirty pounds. It also caused a PID and became infected. I became very ill and to have it taken out. It's been out since July and feel better now than I have since my DD was born. I've also lost twenty pounds. I personally did not have a good outcome.
    aitson

Answer by aitson at 9:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I had both kinds of IUD and had horrible experiencs with both... I had alot of pain, nausea, swelling, alot of bleeding (it doesn't always stop your periods)...
    I got the IUD put in about 5 months ago and I passed out from the pain. So I tried the Implanon and it was AMAZING. Very easy to put in, no weight gain, and no period.
    nugget_101st

Answer by nugget_101st at 9:35 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• what is this?????
    So I tried the Implanon and it was AMAZING. Very easy to put in, no weight gain, and no period.
    angelgrl5200

Answer by angelgrl5200 at 9:59 AM on Nov. 23, 2010