Babyshower, w or w/o males?

How did your baby shower turn out? Did you have your DH and any other males at the party with you and your girls?

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 9:29 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I had guys at mine too.. well actually just the daddy & the great grandpa.. All our wonderful friends didn't show up!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 9:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• why not? wouldn't be a mom without em
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:31 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My hubby and his friends were at mine it was cool even though they ate up everthing lol
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 9:33 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I went to one of my friend's baby shower. We were coming from out of town and my husband had to go because he was not familiar with the area. He was so funny playing those baby shower games and listening to the man jabs. Plus aside from her husband, he was the only man there.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:33 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Well sure, but not at a traditional shower. Traditionally, the shower is to honor the new mom and help her get everything she needs for the baby, including advice on baby care. This usually means having a little food, playing silly games, and opening presents while everyone oooo's and ahhhhh's over baby clothes and the like while sitting around talking about "when I was pregnant...". Not real exciting for the menfolk.
    If you're going to have men at a shower, switch things up a bit. Have a BBQ or have more hearty food, maybe have the men assembling gifts like strollers and cribs, give them something to do or "fix. Make sure everyone knows that it's a couples shower, that there will be food and activities geared towards the men.
    justnancyb

Answer by justnancyb at 9:40 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My showers were co-ed BBQs, more of a party than the traditional shower. :)
    Jessica157

Answer by Jessica157 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• our showers are BBQ and all family and friends, good food beer for the non pregnant, and fun!
    JoLee12345

Answer by JoLee12345 at 9:49 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i have two male friends that adopted a little boy and it was the first shower i had been to that had males and have to say it was a lot more fun than the usual stuff girlie showers i have been to
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My nephew & his wife had a cocktail party at a boutique in Ann Arbor's Kerrytown. The atmosphere was great. They created three custom specialty drinks: "Papa"-rita, "Mom"-osa, and "Eve"-tini (the baby's name), plus bottled beers, bottled water, and pop. They served catered appetizers and had both a dessert table and a candy table (pack your own goody bag). There was white pub-style tables & chairs with white linens. The store was draped with tulle across the ceilings and glass bulbs and colorful pinwheels hanging everywhere. It looked fabulous! There were no games and they didn't open gifts there, but a couple toasts and short speeches. You just got to walk around and chat with everyone and have some good food and drinks. I loved it! It was like a night out that both men and women, all ages, could enjoy--minus the bar atmosphere.
    DivaDynamite

Answer by DivaDynamite at 10:21 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• We went coed. DH was really involved in my pregnancy, and I couldn't have imagined doing it without him.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2010