How many 'friends' actually made it to your Baby Shower?

Just so I don't feel bad when it's only my family and my mother's friends who show up...

smokisses

Asked by smokisses at 9:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• All of them who could make it. Why wouldn't your friends come?
    mybella81

Answer by mybella81 at 9:43 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I didn't even have a baby shower. But at my wedding shower I only had like 2 or 3 friends show up besides family. Pretty pathetic.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 9:43 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• didn't have one.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 9:43 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My wedding shower was a huge hit. But, now, that I'm pregnant, and most of my friends aren't married and want kids, they are jealous, and have been FLAKES the past month or so. << Which is why I think they aren't going to even show up. One girl was supposed to help plan my baby shower, and I haven't even heard from her in three weeks!
    smokisses

Comment by smokisses (original poster) at 9:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• By the time I had my baby shower, I had two friends left. I had to stop working while I was pregnant because I was so sick. All my "friends" were ones I'd made at work. So it was women in my family, my two actual friends, MIL, SIL. Honestly I didn't think that was too bad. It was several people and so what if family made up most of the guests? They were excited about our baby and we had a great time.

Even if some of your friends don't make it, don't let that get you down. You know who your true friends are then and just enjoy the party with people who cared enough to come.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:50 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I had one friend come... others didn't show up or even call. I know it sounds crappy to say, but moments like having children etc, thats when you really find out who your friends are.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 10:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I had quite a few! A good time to reconnect we thought!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 11:54 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think like 3 showed up, but I'm not sure. I know my BFF showed up for a few minutes, but she just stopped by because she was on her way back to college, then these two people we know who had two kids already showed up, too. Other than that, it was all family and family friends (mostly people we didn't even know because DH's aunt and grandma invited a ton of people without talking to anyone about it first, then they tried to make off with over half of our cake).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Mine was fairly good show of people, but simply it depends on the person, Depending on the time of year too, some had other plans, Mine was just before Labor Day.
    Just enjoy your day, not everyone typically will be there, but atleast you enjoy the time with people that did come and focus on that.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I didn't have a baby shower
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 1:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2010