Cheap easy birthday ideas.

My daughter is a very social kindergartner this year and will be turning six. she is a very girly girl and wants a party for her birthday. However, her father and I are both unemployed at the moment and the area we live in doesnt have family acitivty centers. Her birthday is Dec 2 and it has already snowed so we obviously must figure out something indoors and with just the family it will be about 13 adult and 10 kids. two extra kids if we let her invite her friends from school. Our youngest is 18 months so we have to be careful as well. Since the park is out, and money is tight so we can afford much I haven't been able to figure anything out yet.

weirdjojo

Asked by weirdjojo at 9:50 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Entertainment

• Six year olds like to be involved in the process so make it all interactive.
    Get out the construction paper and tissue paper - brightly colored , glue, sizzors, glitter & start making invites ( Your daughter can color and draw on them)& decorations ( rings of different colors make great decorations) & even save some for an arts & crafts contest.
    Keep the list of kids small. Have the kids make pizza ( purchase the dough from the pizza parlor $3-$5. & jar of pizza sauce or make it & a pkg of shredded mozzerella cheese), make cupcakes ( the children can assist in this also) & rent a movie or use an old one ( create popcorn holders with the construction paper of varying colors & add cotton balls on the edges for flair.

Be as creative as possible with the tools you have & know that ultimately it's about great experiences & memories & less about how much you spend on a party.

Pasta & Salad for adults.
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 11:31 AM on Nov. 24, 2010

• at that age and with that many people coming just relax have cake, ice cream and presents and enjoy all the company.....put on a kid friendly movie or music and let them be kids......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• What about a movie party? rent a cute flick...barbie, dora etc sit down with buckets of popcorn and treats! You can even make your own buckets and signs etc
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 10:03 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think it'll be difficult to get the kids to cooperate for any games or anything...maybe a pin the tail game-but my experience with little kids and games is that it's kind of a pain...
    like others said- jsut put on a kid movie -have cake and ice cream, maybe some pizza jsut bake em yourself-it's cheaper or some pigs in blankets, those are cheap and tasty too!
    let her open her gifts
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Are there any malls around you? Around here you can have a party in the food court area. You could just order a couple pizzas and bring some pop and have a little pizza party, if there is a play area the kids could go play afterwards.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 10:08 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• *just decorate with some balloons -I get a bag blow them up myself and hang them around instead of having them inflated at the store and all will be well ;)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:49 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• ok sounds like u and i have a lot in common when it comes to money and birthdays/holidays....i make posters that say happy birthday,and other cute things for my son that way he feels loved even though i cant buy him anything....he loves it....he turned 4 years old this year and he had a blast....yeah kids want want want but they also need need need.....they love to feel loved! they love to be acknowleged.......i know you will come up with something.....
    SMALLfry05

Answer by SMALLfry05 at 11:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• we usually do whats called cake and ice cream. our families understand that money it tight but we would like to celebrate their bdays, so that what we do. a matter of fact we spent $94 making spaghetti, salad, garlic bread, cake and ice cream for 10 adults and 5 kids.
    and we had plenty leftover. the women usually gather in the kitchen and men watch football and the kids run around playing and enjoying each others company. i will be doing this again in dec for my will be 4 yr old. hope this helps. let me know you if you have any questions. we do this a lot. I have 4 kids. it nice intimate and easy, and my kids are happy.
    cuteness13983

Answer by cuteness13983 at 2:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Let's us know how it turns out. It's so interesting how creative you can get and how successful you can make things when you're on a budget. Good Luck!!
    Liveyourlifeval

Answer by Liveyourlifeval at 11:33 AM on Nov. 24, 2010