Does your baby scream when you walk away?

omg my 8 month old screams bloody murder when I walk away...even if I just go 2 feet away!!!
Who else goes thru this and when does it stop?

TiffanieAnn

Asked by TiffanieAnn at 10:10 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Aww lol, we always called that Proximty alert. When my kids did that I would just talk to them while I was doing what ever it was that I was doing. I didn't rush back to them, if I walked away from them it was for a reason lol. Anyways this phase will pass sweets
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:12 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yup, it will pass. I think most parents go through it. The cure is to walk away more often, and don't rush back when the baby starts to cry, wait to pick them up until they've calmed down. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:16 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yes my son screams his little head off.
    Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 10:27 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• my dd does the same thing!! i just talk to her while i walk away! it will pass!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:05 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My Son does it sometimes. I try to keep talking to him, but he still gets really upset, I"m trying to teach him patience. Hopefully it will get better as I keep doing that.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 11:38 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My 7 month old has perfected this! It makes cooking or even going to the bathroom stressful. I have tried putting her in her exersaucer thing in the kitchen so she can still see me but if shes not center of attention she freaks out!!! Its starting to calm down and be more random...but I can surround that baby with toys and its a hit or miss on if I can walk away or not!! Definitely ready to be past this phase! "Mommy misses going potty in peace" LOL
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 12:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Its normal. Your baby doesnt understand that when you leave, you are going to come back. Its just a phase.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 3:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• uh it really doesn't stop... your baby doesn't want you to leave without them even if it is just 2 steps away.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 3:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• my daughter is almost 2 and still does it.its ok if she walks away from me but heaven forbid if i walk away lol.it will be ok
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 7:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• YES! lol.
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 10:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2010