Idk what to do for thanksgiving?

This would be my first thanksgiving with my bf and his family but i feel if i go im going to be bored for we wont have nothing in common and he'll be talking to them and I'll just be there . But i feel i need to show him I'm interested in getting to know his family. But on the other hand my father is 66 years old and he's pretty sick for he has dementia and he's not getting better and sooner or later he'll be going to an assistance living and me and my bf been living at my fathers house which will be my house . My sister is always telling me we don't know how much longer he has ;/ i just don't want to disappoint even though my bf says he doesn't mind if i don't go he says whatever makes me happy .

(I feel i should go with my father i just need some feedback ;/)

firstimemommy21

Asked by firstimemommy21 at 10:13 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• I would stay with your father, not because he's ill necessarily, but because it seems that's where you would rather be. Or maybe you could split the holiday?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 10:15 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• How long have you been with your boyfriend?
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:17 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think either way would be fine. Do you know your boyfriends family? How long have you been together? If you feel like you should be with your dad then stay with him but maybe go to bf families another day or invite them over for dinner on another weekend. What are you doing for Christmas? You may be able to do Thanksgiving with one family and Christmas with the other.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:18 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I feel that family is important and if your father is sick you dont know how much time he has. so my suggestion to you is to go and see him. he would be glad that you made the right decision.
    littlebityoung

Answer by littlebityoung at 10:21 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• yea we havent been together that long less than a year , I think i'll do that i'll split my time i'll go with my bf to thanksgiving for i already made a commitment to him and i'll spend christmas with my family thanks everyone ! ;) and have a wonderful thanksgiving!
    firstimemommy21

Comment by firstimemommy21 (original poster) at 10:22 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Is your father going to be alone on Thanksgiving??
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:25 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• no he's going to be with family
    firstimemommy21

Comment by firstimemommy21 (original poster) at 10:27 AM on Nov. 23, 2010