what do i say to a 4 year old

my 4 year old step son wants to know how babys get in your belly what do i say!lol

rero0701

Asked by rero0701 at 9:58 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I told my kids that God put them there. The kicker is when they ask how does it get out. My husband about fainted when I told our kids 8 and 6 the truth. lol. I told them I would never lie to them, and so told them the truth. I saw no shame in that.
    vbongard

Answer by vbongard at 10:09 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Since he's your step son you need to talk to your husband and his mother before you say anything. You wouldn't want to go against what they want him to know. Not that you don't play an important role in his life but that can be a very sensitive subject for parents.
    wonderer16

Answer by wonderer16 at 10:10 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• If he were mine, i would tell him (just like I did my 3.5 yo) that daddy puts the baby in the tummy with all the love he has for me. He thought that was a good answer! I also got him a book called "amazing you" and it went thru the whole baby process without sex being involved. Good luck!
    SummerHolloway

Answer by SummerHolloway at 1:39 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I told my little ones that Mommy had an egg in her tummy and that Daddys love and Mommys Love helped make the egg grow into a baby. Usually at that age you can give just about any type of answer without having to go into major detail. Even though it sounds like they are wanting a bunch of details, usually a few words and they are off wanting another cookie like sissy had or to go play. Simple enough. Good Luck though! :0)
    Galadriel1976

Answer by Galadriel1976 at 7:58 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I told my kids at that age that daddy put the baby in mommy's tummy, and that the doctor takes it out. They were good with that.
    MarshaB702

Answer by MarshaB702 at 11:22 AM on Nov. 5, 2008