worrid about my baby's health and mine..yeast infection and now????

I was swabbed and diagnosed with a yeast infection last week at about 5 months 1/2 preggo. they gave me some antibiotics to take oraly twice a day for 7 days, but i have finished the whole bottle already and now instead of a white cottage cheese like discharge its a yellowish greenish discharge not so thick though with no ordor. I've also got some irritation almost like a small rash and two blisters like from the irritation and moist it doesn't hurt when i pee only when i wipe and sometimes they bleed a bit. I was tested for HIV before and it came out negative, so idk what it could be I'll be going in to the dr's today but I'm scared for my baby's health. Does anyone know what it could be or if anyone has gone through something similar this has never happened to me before and since i got preggo all sorts of things have been happening, i've been with my husband for about 3 years now and i haven't had any other sexual partners since him nor he. I want to know a little more so I won't be in shock when I know. I pray it's nothing serious or bad.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Health

• Was it bacterial or yeast? You would not get antibiotics for a yeast infection. You would get an antifungal like diflucan and that is a one time dose, but that is not normally given in pregnancy. If you were on antibiotics, it is possible to have an antibiotic induced yeast infection. The only thing you can do is go to your OB and get an exam and tested for vaginal infections, STDS, etc. Maybe whatever the doctor gave you did not clear up the infection. Relax!! It does not sound like something life threatening to your baby. Are you having contractions? Are you feeling your baby move normally? Are you leaking fluid? But seriously, relax because stress is never good and you don't want to stress yourself out! It's going to be okay!
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:04 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Hi there...I know there are so many crazy changes that our bodies go through when we are pregnant that kind of can freak us out at times.I have never heard of a yeast infection being treated with anti biotics. A yeast infection treatmen...yes, like Monistat or something like that.I had a yeast infection while I was pregnant with my 2nd child and my 4th and the dr. just had me treat with a regular yeast infection treatment.As far as the discharge that you are seeing I would be concerned...I know that it is normal for discharge to be white or even a yellow color..but green,I would think if some type of infection..maybe bacterial. And the bumps. What about herpes?I know that it is totally scarey to think about but is there any chance that it could be that ? Make sure that you have your dr. look at the bumps so that if it is something like herpes you don't pass it to the baby durring delivery.Hope all goest well @ your apt.
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 11:08 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I never had those bumps before till i got pregnant nor a yeast infection like my dr. said i had, my husband is very faithful Idk much about std's or anything like that. so I don't know what it could be.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:16 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Herpes is also a possibility. You could have been exposed to the virus some time in your life and your immune system is compromised from the pregnancy. Just get a whole workup. It can't hurt you to get the peace of mind you need.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:19 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I agree, you need to go and talk to your OB.... Get them to test you vaginally and see what is going on... your baby should be fine though as long as it is kicking and moving regularly...
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 4:10 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I agree that if the baby is moving normally that there is probably nothing to worry about right now. But if you have something going on and it is left not treated it could do harm eventually. Your ob is alway the best resorse, no matter how scarey the answer to a question or symptom might be. Just make sure that you are honest and tell your dr. any and all symptoms that you are having!
    mommyrocks5

Answer by mommyrocks5 at 5:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i have gotten a UTI not long from being preg and they say a yeast infection can come after i got a pill for both and had no prob ask for a pill cuz it worked for me no clue if it helps but i tryed and only wear cotton panties it will help
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 5:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• when i had my uti i had blood in my pee it may be a uti
    AliciaLamoreux

Answer by AliciaLamoreux at 5:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I had a yeast infection, although I just had cream to put on. It was really a worry for me in the beginning but it cleared up in 7 days, if you still have concerns talk to your obgyn. Good luck to you!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2010