is eating a tuna sammy okay if i put it in the oven and heat it up?

AliciaLamoreux

Asked by AliciaLamoreux at 10:34 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You can eat tuna when pregnant, just not a lot of it. Heating it up wouldn't do anything about mercury levels.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 10:37 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• When I was pregnant, I was craving a tuna sandwich so bad. I asked the nurse when I went for my non-stress test if it was ok and she said it was ok, just don't eat it every day.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 10:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• The omega 3 in fish (tuna) is good for baby brain development, you can eat it, just not more than twice a week. I always ate one tuna sandwich a week and we are fine :0), good luck!
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 10:43 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• just eat it however you like it...as long as its not ALL you eat, you'll be fine.
    LoriaAnn

Answer by LoriaAnn at 10:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I ate tuna when I was pregnant, just not a lot of it. I think it'll be fine.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:52 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• for lower mercury levels use chink light insted of white albacore but like everyone else said it's okay to eat just not everyday:) Congrats on the new baby!

BJN2in10

Answer by BJN2in10 at 10:54 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• The tuna is fine, but I would worry about heating the mayo. I think that could be bad.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 11:07 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Heating mayo is perfectly fine. You can even use it in cooking. But no need to heat tuna.
    Candi1024

Answer by Candi1024 at 11:11 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Canned tuna has lower mercury levels than fresh. I was told I could eat up to 12 oz of canned a week, and I did - had intense cravings for tuna noodle casserole.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Tuna is great for pregnancy. Check out the Brewer Diet at www.drbrewerpregnancydiet.com. That's a list of foods you should be eating. 6-8 of those protein combinations daily and one of those choices is "1oz fish or shellfish".
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 1:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2010