MEDS while preggo...PLEASE HELP

So I went to the emergency room last night because of severe nausea and vomiting. I was dehydrated and they gave me an IV, zofam (which I was allergic too), and benadryl. They sent me home with the generic of phenergen. But I came across a site safefetus.com that said it can cause toxicity in a fetus in the 1st trimester. Has anyone taken this med in the 1st trimester or heard that it's ok to take or anything? Please help. Not taking the med till I find out for sure.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:50 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• call your ob, and talk to them. Express your concern. GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:52 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would ask the pharmacist. They tend to know more about the meds sometimes than the doctor prescribing them.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:53 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I actually took it for the first time yesterday while at the DR office. Just so happens that my nurse is an ex labor and delivery nurse and she said its even safe to take during pregnancy.... She told me this because I hate medication and grilled her about it. I believe your ok, but call your OB and pharmacist and they will tell you for sure.

bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 10:53 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Phenergan is usually one of the first meds prescribed for nausea during the first trimester. My sister lived on it half of her pregnancy. It is going to knock you out just to let you know.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 10:56 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have the generic version of Phenergan too.. its okay to use while pregnant!
    SuperrMommyy

Answer by SuperrMommyy at 11:12 AM on Nov. 23, 2010