not really free

Anybody else wonder why these at home businesses say "free training". It's not free that's where the monthly fee comes in.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Money & Work

• They are all scams. Just like these so called "talent agencies" that call our kids and tell them they can become movie stars BUT they have to pay for pictures, ad placements, etc. to the tone of about $1,500
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 11:05 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• But again, any business you start from home is not free. Gosh, we own businesses in five states and trust me, they are far from being free. We pay monthly rent, employees, taxes, supplies, etc. Not to mention the cost that we incur out of our home, such as electricity, internet, etc. Businesses such as Avon, Mary Kay and others must be doing something right to be in business as long as they have. Free businesses... I can't even imagine what that would be, unless you are talking about doing surveys or something... but that's not really a business. You can start a daycare, but that will cost you money too. eBay, well again, there are fees involved in that.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Mavi- You sort of missed my point. I am not expecting businesses to be free, I know it costs money to run them. If you wil look on alot of these ads on here they advertise "free training'. When it is really coming out from your fees.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Sorry, I do that sometimes. lol. That's actually false advertising then. I am sorry!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 2:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Sometimes they're just scams.
    _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 2:05 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• I actually have an at home business opportunity that is free. They ask that you place your first order in seven days of signing up. But that could either be product or brochures or catalogs to get the business out their so you can start making money. THere are alot that say free and arent but there are some that are just that.
    StefInfection

Answer by StefInfection at 2:29 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• Don't pay a fee to get a work at home job. Just don't do it!
    homejobsformom

Answer by homejobsformom at 10:09 AM on Nov. 26, 2010