how can i make him understand?

i am very young with two kids i have not seen my oldest son in 4 months with all the stress of being a new wife and trying to take care of my newborn how can i help him understand? or will that never happen?

bamm_06_08

Asked by bamm_06_08 at 10:05 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• You cannont make a child understand. I am confused to why you haven't seen your oldest in 4 mnths, that is NOT the best for him with a new one around. He will start to tell himself that he has been replaced, what did he do wrong. I think you need to find a sitter and spend some time with your son....MAKE TIME
    Anonymous

• i totally agree! he will start 2 resent him and possibly even try 2 hurt the new baby!
    Anonymous

• Unfortuneately, I don't think men every fully get it. Where I am not making an excuse for them whatsoever, but I don't think they understand one bit the demands of a mother, and wife at that... They think we sit at home all day and watch TV... I have a two and a three year old, and my husband came home the other day and asked me what I did.... HELLO??!! What do you mean what did I do all day.... I love cafemom for some adult chat and stuff, and it's nice. Try and put some stress onto your husband, give him some responsiblities in a nice way. Let him know that you need help. Have him feed the baby; then go lock yourself in your bathroom and take a bubble bath! (I'll send you the bubbles myself, you need that)... I've been there, it gets better!
    JennBear54

Answer by JennBear54 at 10:22 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• is your oldest son ok were is he
    Anonymous

• if you are young then how old is your oldest son? He may be too young to understand what's up anyway.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• i'm not sure what your question is asking but i would always somehow make room for my son and the new born does sleep a lot so why is this a problem. you should have the time. unless you are talking about a man not understanding, once again i was confused.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:02 AM on Nov. 5, 2008