Ever use a psycic (sp?) ?

I was just wondering, psycic, (sp?) magic rituals, do they really work? I have always had a fasination (sp?) about this. Or mediums?

A.Perry

Asked by A.Perry at 11:28 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• As far as psychics: yes I believe ther are true psychics with incredible abilities. I think everyone has these abilities if open to receiving it. Now, I'm not naive to say that all psychics are true. Just be educated if you see one. Usually if they have a store on the side of the road or a carnival booth its usually bogus!
    Magik and rituals are different. A ritual is basically a prayer. There are certain things you can do to aid in the prayer with candles, incense, etc. Nothing is guarenteed in life, plain and simple. Does magik work, it sure does. You just have to be responsible and protect yourself. Doing magik without proper knowlege and maturity is just plain stupid. Kids who dabble because it is "cool" will reap the affects.
    With any of this it is important to READ anything and everything you can about the subject. If you find yourself drawn to something, research more into that.
    Roisin07

Answer by Roisin07 at 12:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Psychic,fascination
    Nope. There are several witches on here. They could enlighten you

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:32 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I've had 'psychic readings' and the phrase 'grasping at straws' floats across my mind everything time I think of it. Every single time, the psychic in question was lauded as 'amazing' by a variety of friends... but since I understand the technique and psychology of cold readings, what I noticed was the number of times vague things were said, in the expectation that I'd play along by supplying enough detail to make them sound amazing.

My favourite thing to do is nod and smile and wait for them to add more. They start flailing around, reaching for the most ridiculous stereotypes possible.

And I have a friend who is wiccan (actually, I have a lot of friends who are wiccan-ish, but one who is really desperate to believe and it monopolizes her conversation) who, in spite of having the right attitude and doing the rituals religiously, remains unemployed. Hmm,..magical. Since it's been 4 years and she hasn't got a resume yet...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:38 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Never had one but I have had and done tarot readings.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:05 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have only had one reading and I also used the technique of nodding and saying nothing. She guessed that I had been sexually abused (not in THIS life, though I was raped and murdered in my previous life). She commented that I should study psychic healing or Reiki (which I was in the middle of doing at that time). And then she foundered. She asked me if I had a specific question, which I didn't. I just wanted to know what she would pick up "psychically" about my life and she had gotten one dead wrong and one only half-right. Still, I believe there are genuine psychics out there somewhere, but when you have fifty of them lined up against the walls of a metaphysical fair...well, some just aren't going to be real. The odds just aren't in your favor. I do tarot readings, pendulum board, and runes and sometimes they don't even get everything right!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• i believe some people have this gift however, most of the psychics seem to be fakes trying to earn a living.
    cornfused

Answer by cornfused at 12:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Nope never have and never will
    :-)
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:33 AM on Nov. 23, 2010