The TSA and Children

I have posted a journal,
Mind you the dad took off the boys shirt in frustrations because his son was embarrassed to be touched by strangers, and would not hold his arms out, strangers touching, and in front of a very large crowd, something even an adult would be embarrassed aboutlet alone a young child. We teach our children about strangers touching and here are strangers with gloved hands touching our children. It also said that the boy did not set off the metal detector, so what warrented the Pat Down. What are your opinions.

Here is a link to my new journal post, I think we could get a good debate going, My husband and I don't agree. If a patdown is warrented there should be a screen to protect privacy!! I would rather have the scanner than the pat down. What are your thoughts!

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1634158/TSA_STRIP_SEARCHES_YOUNG_BOY

zakityzak

Asked by zakityzak at 11:38 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I am soooo sickened by all of it that I cant even think strait.

I will tell you this that I do know, I am avoiding flying especially with children b/c I feel like that is a violation of their rights and what I have taught them to do with strangers...poor kid.

Just sickening!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Zoeyis...you are EXACTLY right...that is the part that is soooo sickening!

I dont know what the answer is though.....I dont want my kids patted down by a stranger. Or go through a scanner that gives off radiation.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• The answer is simple: Don't fly. That's the choice I made, for myself and my kids.

I've disagreed with this idea for years, that somehow I had signed away my 4th Amendment rights just by purchasing an airline ticket, and because I was one person upset at the screening measures that are "all hat, no cattle", I decided to remove myself from the situation, especially since it didn't make me feel any safer. If anything, all the confusing rules and brusque treatment (and yeah, I've been verbally and physically abused by the TSA before) made me feel afraid - not of the terrorists, but of my own government!

How frightening to think (since I have a hearing problem) that one misheard word could cause me to react in a way they found "combative" and suddenly, I'm blacklisted from ever getting on a plane again!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 11:52 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I probable won't fly ever again, unless I am without children. I am so sorry for your experience. Things have gotten so bad since 9/11. I understand the need for security, but if there is to be patdowns, there needs to be a privacy screen. I would much rather do the scanner than be touch, if that were my options.
    zakityzak

Comment by zakityzak (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• people won't have a problem with it once that first plane explodes from the bombs that were strapped around some kid's belly that they didn't scan. They have no problem sacrificing children in the name of their beliefs.

You realize that many airports don't scan every passenger every 10th in line or some other random thing they pull out of their butt. I don't see how looking at every 10th person in line is keeping anyone safe when the terrorist is number 5, 6 or 7 in line. So when your flying and someone allows you to cut in line you might want to not board the flight with them. I think everyone who is afraid of terrorists should stay home. The rest of us will enjoy our freedoms and live our lives.
    Anonymous

• I do enjoy my freedoms, I agree with security. For pat Downs there needs to be just cause, not because you were picked out of a hat, 4th amendment constitutional right. This little boy did not set off the metal detector and there for was no just cause for search. I, like the dad would have been upset too. I would much rather have the scanner. Rather Than have my kid or myself be touched.
    zakityzak

Comment by zakityzak (original poster) at 5:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010