LOVE what Elizabeth H. just said on the view!

"something is very wrong, we are giving suspected terrorists civilian trials, and at the same time patting down a 5 year old boy waiting to get on a plane, something is VERY wrong!"

These are NOT her exact words....but something to this effect!

That is so plain to see...something IS very wrong with this picture!

What do you think!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I think it's a shock that I actually agree with her.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:38 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I agree for sure.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:39 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

Ditto.
    Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

Ditto again.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 11:41 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• The problem with fascism is that it's popular.

Everyone wants draconian regulations and rules applied to everyone else, so they can feel safe. Simplistic, harsh methods are preferred because they 'teach people a lesson' and 'serve as a deterrent' --both of which are pure fantasy: people learn what they believe (and one thing harsh and simplistic rules teach is that the government is not trustworthy and they're all stupid), and; harsh punishments do not serve as deterrents, they serve as inspiration for increased deviousness, rebellion and eventually revolution.

People actually express their delight in the TSA measures, because it 'makes them feel safe.' That feeling is an illusion --in fact, it's an intentional misdirection, much like a stage magician waving his hand around where he wants the audience to look. It stops people from thinking --or looking-- at the restriction of freedoms they are actually accepting.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 11:46 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• People actually express their delight in the TSA measures, because it 'makes them feel safe.' That feeling is an illusion --in fact, it's an intentional misdirection, much like a stage magician waving his hand around where he wants the audience to look. It stops people from thinking --or looking-- at the restriction of freedoms they are actually accepting.

PERFECT STATEMENT!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I totally agree with her. I just do not understand how people can accept what they are doing. It is completely lacking in common sense.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 12:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yes, I agree with what you paraphrased.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• "I just do not understand how people can accept what they are doing. It is completely lacking in common sense."

Do you suppose part of it is the result of not thinking things through nearly a decade ago? The TSA was created as a result of the 9/11 attacks. The Act to create it was signed by Pres. Bush on 11/19/01... less than two months after the attacks, and just a couple of weeks after the Patriot Act. The latter act certainly did go through modifications as well as controversy.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Gdiamante, You rock. This all goes back to the patriot act.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2010