Baby Question: Would You Rather Have a Natural Birth or Get an Epidural?

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 11:43 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• epidural

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:44 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• There is nothing like a natural birth!!!!!!!!

Answer by older at 11:44 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Birth is natural and women have been doing it far longer than epidurals have been around. I have had three natural births, all with babies 8 pounds and up. My middle son was 9.9 and even that didn't scare me away from having a third. I prefer not to have an epidural, the pain is workable and you forget all about it as soon as you hold your baby.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 11:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• NATURAL BIRTH!!!! its better for u and the baby! epidural has some side effects and sometimes it doesnt work! i have had an epidural and it did not work at all and ended up just having them take it out and went all natural! yes it hurts but i had my hubby right next to me supporting me and when i decided i wanted the epidural back they said it was to late and time to push! next baby will b born at home or in a birthing center with a dula and it will b all natural!
    Caroline2010

Answer by Caroline2010 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Natural
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I am going to have to say natural since that is the way that I had my 3 children.
    tony1638

Answer by tony1638 at 12:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Natural!
    :-)

I work hard through pregnancy to avoid toxins, medicines, unnecessary risks. Why introduce baby to that stuff, or myself?
    Since we have access to dozens of natural coping methods, I prefer to avoid exposing myself & baby to risks.

:-D
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:49 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Natural. I have done it both ways (4 natural; 2 epi) & I prefer not to be encumbered by the epidural experience. Sure, its great pain relief. Loved that part...of course. But, I had to be told when to push. I couldnt tell if I was doing it correctly because I couldn't feel it. I like to have more control then that. Then after the baby was out, I still had to lay in bed for a long time until it wore off. I much prefer being able to get up & take a shower as soon as possible.
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 12:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Natural i have had both and natural is better my epidural made me sick after I had my daughter and I got a fever so when I had my second daughter natural and i felt way better :)
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Natural
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 23, 2010