Stopping it before it gets serious!

I am dating this guy and his mother has been in town for almost a week so I have not heard or seen him as much....no problem with me. But he did make time to get away...So we took the time to discuss some issues that needed to be discuss. One of the issue were abt his mother and her judgemental ways...he stated that it not a good idea that i meet his mother (I never asked him if I could) so he said that his mother thinks that no woman is good enough for her son. So I told him that she will never accept me if she thinks that way..I am a single mom (he has never met my daughter) who got pregnant out of wedlock, and the father is available at all time when it comes to my daughter. He already knows that this is not about to go further because his mother has already established that no woman is good enough for her son....I am not about to play MONSTER-IN-LAW. Do you think that its a good idea not to continue this dating affair? BTW...no sex has been established, even though I am in desperate need!

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 11:45 AM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• No sex...no meeting the family...he's already said it's not going further...my dear this thing is still young enough where you shouldn't be worrying about shit like this. Consider it DONE and DONE!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 2:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think he said it all. He isn't willing to stand up to Mommy you'll always be third in line. Walk away now is what I'd advise.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:48 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I personally don't think that you should decide whether or not to continue the relationship based on his mother...however, I do think that greneyed has a good point and something to consider. Overall though, this should be about HIS attitude twords you and not his mother's.
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 11:54 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Crazy mother-in-law would intentionally make your life hell and if he won't stand up for you now, then he won't stand up for you then. I would do exactly what you have already said.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 11:58 AM on Nov. 23, 2010

• If he doesn't have balls now, he's not going to grow a pair overnight. Walk away.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 1:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Poor fella...that's all i gotta say.

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• @samurai...IKR. I hope he gets some balls.
    mom42107

Comment by mom42107 (original poster) at 12:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2010