My 11 & 13 yr. old stepsons whom we have 1/2 of the time recently put up pix of them giving "The finger" with F** You written under them on their MySpace accounts which I monitor. I want them pix taken off! My usually supportive DH says I'm overeacting but he will back me up. Opinions, please.

cappyd

Asked by cappyd at 1:49 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in General Parenting

• You are doing the right thing. Children need limits set and examples to follow. If they know you are monitoring the Myspace pages and you ignore the inappropriate pics then you are giving them the wrong message.
    They should also be told that as they get older and want to apply for jobs or to colleges that things they post online might just hurt their chances of getting what they want. It's not too early to think about how they want the world to view them.
    ChattyWifePlus2

Answer by ChattyWifePlus2 at 2:04 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Agreed. Also, I am sorry I posted so many times. I thought it was once. I feel children have less respect for their personal privacy in this MySpace, Youtube world and I try to get them to understand that. I will have them take them down and if they go back up when they are at their Mothers I will report them.
    cappyd

Answer by cappyd at 2:13 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• my advice. tell them that unless you approve that account you are going to go in and block it. that should get it off.
    kudos to hubby for taking what you think into account. i know many who don't.
    princezzmommie

Answer by princezzmommie at 5:06 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• You could report them to myspace. or take away computer privelages at your house until they agree to clean it up.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 8:12 PM on Jul. 5, 2008