Please help me. I need an easy dressing recipe without cornbread

I want to add hen or turkey to it as well. Thanks

wmjsease

Asked by wmjsease at 12:14 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Isn't cornbread the main ingredient. Is there even a recipe without it?
    Anonymous

• We make 'turkey toast' --long story. One year my grandmother made Sage Dressing, and sage is a pretty loud herb. The following year, without the sage, it had to be re-named so the kids would eat it:

Toast a loaf of bread and cut it into cubes (I like the 16 grain bread)
    Melt a stick of butter in a large pan, then saute 6 stalks of celery (including the leaves), chopped, 6 chopped carrots, 3 chopped onions, a head of chopped garlic (we like it a lot, you can use less or none) until the onions are translucent or starting to brown. Stir in 2 tbsp (dried) of your favourite herbs --I love tarragon with poultry. Toss all with the toast cubes and then stir in 2-3 cups of stock (vegetable, veal, turkey or chicken stock... or brewed tea or white wine or orange or cranberry juice) to moisten. Stuff the bird lightly (don't pack it).

You can bake any extra (I always make lots of extra!) in a covered casserole for about an hour.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 12:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2010