These are the people we are trusting to grope our genitals and take naked pictures of us in the name of safety?

http://www.philly.com/philly/hp/news_update/106653838.html?cmpid=15585797

A Transportation Security Administration worker who pretended to find drugs in a passenger's bag at Philadelphia International Airport in January had played the prank more than once and told one of his victims that "she would have to admit it was funny," according to TSA documents.

The documents, which detail the dopey antics of a bomb-appraisal officer whose name has been blacked out, were released on the Smoking Gun website this week.

The Inquirer broke the story of Rebecca Solomon, 22, who on Jan. 5 became the unsuspecting butt of the officer's joke when he pretended to find a white, powdery substance in her luggage.

Turns out, Solomon was the second traveler that day to be victimized by the worker's bad sense of humor. The first, according to the documents, laughed the stunt off.

The TSA officer was supposed to be checking equipment instead of passengers, the documents said, and the white substance he had with him was creatine powder, not cocaine.

When he tried to trick his second victim, presumably Solomon, with the creatine, she did not take it well.

When the worker saw she was getting upset, he revealed the truth and told her that "she would have to admit it was funny," the documents said.

When confronted later by a TSA investigator, the officer "did say humbly that he was completely wrong and he made a mistake," the documents said.

Reports by other TSA staff indicate that at least one of them saw the prank and "resumed running the X-ray belt." Another only went as far as to tell the officer, "Don't do that."

SuperChicken

Asked by SuperChicken at 12:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• now this is sick
    Conley639

Answer by Conley639 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Good to know that the TSA screeners authorized to fondle us at will are professionals. I feel so much safer. Do you?
    SuperChicken

Comment by SuperChicken (original poster) at 12:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• oooo where do i book a flight?! lol j/k
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 12:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• the whole system is completely ruined ..... it needs to be completely re-vamped. it's a MESS.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 12:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Seriously? And he wasn't fired? That ass hat has some Karma headed his way.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think after this last trip I have Im not going to fly unless the military is making me....This sucks...I would have got that guy fired...no question about it...Im kinda good at that when people screw with me.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I didn't have room for the last paragraph in the article. But he's no longer with the TSA - it's unknown if he left on his own or was fired.
    SuperChicken

Comment by SuperChicken (original poster) at 12:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• He'd lose his job and then i'd simply say to him 'I have to admit THIS is funny!'
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 12:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

•  

Or this one...

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2010