Current BF is a lot like my EX Husband good or bad

I am currently seeing a guy and getting ready to move in with him.....I truely do love him and want to spend the rest of my life with him but there are some major characteristics that resemble my Ex husband Ive dated many assholes since my husbdand and realized I have never actually loved anyone but my husband (before things went sour) but I have many feelings for this man Im with now that I never even had for my husband but I cant get out of my head he reminds me of my EX is this a good thing or bad???

becky_barber84

Asked by becky_barber84 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• That depends- is he like your ex's good qualities or bad qualities? And try to think of the things you liked about your ex that maybe didn't turn out so good- like if you date someone at first they might have a "take charge" attitude where they plan all the dates and it all seems very romantic, until suddenly this becomes a controlling attitude where they plan out your whole life down to the last detail with no input from you. Or someone who has a great sense of humor and is always joking with you, but later it really becomes that they are making fun of you and cutting you down and it's not funny anymore. It is true that we are often attracted to similar people and that can be a bad thing if we aren't always attracted to the best qualities, or if we try to sugar coat things and make them seem better than they are. Do some soul searching here and make sure you are confident in your choice before moving forward (or moving in).
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:09 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• as long as it is the GOOD aspects of your first hubby, then that is great!
    GetawayGirl

Answer by GetawayGirl at 12:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• You would know best. Go with your gut, if you can't get this out of your mind. I would say get rid of him.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 12:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Only you know. But good luck.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 12:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• well if this guy is like ur ex husband then i would say that it cud be a bad thing. he is ur ex for a reason
    brit2009

Answer by brit2009 at 1:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would say if you have any hesitation, you shouldn't be moving in with him!

Answer by missanc at 2:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• We need more info here...what qualities about this new guy remind you of your ex?
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 2:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• If its the good things about your ex, its ok. But if is his temper or something bad, I say its a no-go.
    Mme.Langley

Answer by Mme.Langley at 2:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Its all the good qualities of my ex plus a lot more good ones thats what worries me cause i dont want it to turn out to be like the old relationship after a while it became abusive and controlling
    becky_barber84

Comment by becky_barber84 (original poster) at 3:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Im not going to lie my EX husband has been the only guy that I have loved he was my high school sweet heart i had 3 kids with him and a 7 year relationship with but after 3 years it got bad and im afraid to be happy again and fear it might turn out bad for me again my new guy has all the things i fell in love with when it comes to my EX
    becky_barber84

Comment by becky_barber84 (original poster) at 3:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2010