Do you have casino's where you live?

Do you go to them? What do you think about them?

We go every once in awhile, they are all over the place here. Its a different kind of entertainment.

bjojola

Asked by bjojola at 12:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No, since it's illegal in Texas. When we lived in New Mexico, we were very close to Inn of the Mountain Gods in Ruidoso,NM, and we went several times to it. It is so beautiful. I'd love to go again, sometime.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 1:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• There's one in Milwaukee and a lot in NW Indiana. I haven't been to one in years. If I had the money and someone to watch my kids, I'd throw some money in the slots.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 12:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• We have indian gaming casinos in the foothills as close to 20 minutes away, but I never go. After living in Las Vegas for a couple years, I just can't get into how tiny they are.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Gambling is illegal here except on a reservation. However, it is legal the next state over (which is closer than the reservation) so we go to the boats sometimes.
    I'm not a big gambler, I'm not very good. The last time I went I was up several hundred on a roulette table. It had his black like 8 times in a row, so the entire table bet a lot of money on red. It hit black again. I lost and went home.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 12:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• There are four indian casino's outside the city limits but we don't go.

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• We have them here and I have no opinion about them. I haven't seen increased crime or capitol from them. They are there. That is it. I havent been to one in years. Really not a gambler. When I went I did play slots. But there are 4 big ones within 15 min of my house. So they must be doing well.
    martinmommy26

Answer by martinmommy26 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Only on a big 60-80 foot boat that leaves the St. Johns River and heads out into the ocean........never been on it.

I think they can't gamble til so many miles off shore heading east into "international waters" ??
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 12:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I'm near Tulsa, and yes, I'm surrounded by them. Thankfully...I will soon be leaving this state...for good!!
    motherofpearls

Answer by motherofpearls at 12:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• We have one in the city, but I haven't had the chance to go yet, it's only been their a year or so... I want to go, but haven't had the income to waste...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• There is one here and I've been --twice.

I think it's dull, oddly dry, with disturbing background noise (I think they have white noise or noise cancellation broadcast or something) and I dislike being in the building. It makes my skin feel weird.

The dead-eyed gamblers totally zoned out at their games just add to the mausoleum effect...
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:03 PM on Nov. 23, 2010