Potty Training?

Where do i even begin... My daughter is hard headed. One day potty is amazing, the next its scary.... Help!

AutumnsMommy191

Asked by AutumnsMommy191 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my daughter was hard too. she thought if she had a pull-up on she could potty in it instead of the toliet.
    up i know that it's not the best ideal to aword them with candy cause they will always want it after they are trained.
    maybe try singing a potty song or try to make it alittle fun i guess maybe the flushing is to loud that used to scare mine so i flushed for her til she got used to it..
    hamandeggs

Answer by hamandeggs at 1:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I know i've tried candy, singing, all of it.. And she'll only doodoo in the potty. she doesnt seem to get the peepee in the potty. Guess i'll keep working on it. thanks for the advice
    AutumnsMommy191

Comment by AutumnsMommy191 (original poster) at 1:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I just waited until mine turned 3. It's easier when they are a little older. They got it right away.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• take her with you so she can see how it is done
    dorispierce

Answer by dorispierce at 9:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• encourage but do NOT be pushy, and NEVER shame her if she has an accident just sit her on the potty and say go potty on the potty..
    WhitneyMommyOf2

Answer by WhitneyMommyOf2 at 10:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• my son just turned 2...and I'm not even pushing the issue yet. he's not even interested in the potty...so, I'm not pushing it, the older he gets, I think the better he'll understand it anyhow, so, he'll be ready eventually.
    -mrs.mamma-

Answer by -mrs.mamma- at 9:21 AM on Nov. 24, 2010