ok, so please dont judge. but im freaking out!

i smoked pot before i was pregnant. i quit right before i was 2 mos. but this past weekend i went to a friends birthday party. and they had brownies out on the table. me being 36 wks pregnant i couldnt resist. not knowing that they was "special" brownies. i know i got high cuz i know what its like. im super freaking out! i could have my baby any day now, i dont want him to be high! my mom smoked the whole way when she was pregnant with me, and i think im just fine. im just really worried that they will test the baby when he is born and take him away!!! that would just kill me! will they believe me that i didnt mean to??

alyssa1989

Asked by alyssa1989 at 1:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• They won't test you or the baby unless you go to the hospital baked! Relax,it'll be ok!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• You and your baby should both be fine. Unless they have reason to believe that you are doing drugs, they won't test the baby.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 1:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• im just worried that just because the way me and my DH look theyll just assume we are druggies ( we both have tattoos and piercings)
    we both quit when we found out i was pregnant . my personal opinion- i dont think weed is a drug but it is (shouldnt be) but we arent taking any chances
    alyssa1989

Comment by alyssa1989 (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Okay your kid can't be taken away just cause of ink and holes. My husband and i have our share. I'm a big 420 advocate.I don't advocate smoking while preggie, let me just say that. I don't think it should be a big deal but if it was an accident and it would make you feel better i would discuss it with your obgyn. Good luck to you ..
    pinkdot

Answer by pinkdot at 1:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No, they wont. You need to chill
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 2:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• you will be fine:)))
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 2:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It wasn't your fault and also, they can't run tests based on the way you look they have to have very good reason to do those sorts of tings and the way you look isnt a good enoujgh reason. Calm down mama, you and baby will be fine
    MeAndLo

Answer by MeAndLo at 3:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I think you'll be ok. Don't worry about it!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 3:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have a LOT of tattoos and have NEVER been mistake for a druggie.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 11:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• yeah i never have (knowingly) either but around here people are so damn judgmental
    alyssa1989

Comment by alyssa1989 (original poster) at 11:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2010