Just looking for advice

Me and my SO split after our son was born (my decision) and he is now 14 months...we have recently gotten back together and are planning our wedding. There is just one minor 'glitch' I'd guess you could say. He and another woman are expecting a baby in January or February. They are just friends and have been for some time now, so that is not the problem. I have no doubt that I'll treat the new addition like my own, but how would you go about making the merge a smooth one? We will only have him every other weekend starting off, but how would you balance a new born and at that point 18 month old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:36 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

• You handle just like you would if they were both your own. My girls are only 22 months apart and it wasn't nearly as hard as I thought it would be.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:38 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• ??? i couldnt do it well - being honest (not trying to be mean) but i dunno if i could do that well.... you just try to love the other baby even though you know it is not your baby. i would not let someone take my newborn. even the father for a weekend, i just couldnt do it, guess i am small when it comes to emotional stuff but it would be really difficult for me.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 9:07 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• i don't mean in the first month or two.....it will only be for the day or so at that point. I just don't know the best way to get my son used to not being the center of attention.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

• When your s/o is paying attention to the new baby, You take the older child to go do something fun.Like to the park, for icecream,ect.So he won't feel left out.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:33 AM on Nov. 5, 2008