What are your money saving tips?

I tend not to use coupons because most of the time the store brand is cheaper than the offer with the coupon. But we make our own laundry soap and I don't use fabric softener. We clean with vinegar and don't use paper towels.

What are somethings that you do to save money?

mom2queenie2004

Asked by mom2queenie2004 at 1:31 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• We have a very limited budget. Hubby and Mom2 are on disability and Mom2 just got food stamps ($49 but it helps) and his older sis stays here and helps out when she can with a little of her food stamps. So, I go over the weekly sales ads for grocery stores with a fine tooth comb. I look for the best deals.

Bi-lo (a local store) has a lot of killer deals. Many BOGO deals ... recently they had Campbell's cream of mushroom/chicken soups on sale ... BOGO. They were 1.35 each. The store brand was 4/$3.00. The Campbell's was actually cheaper. They also have "meal deals" where you buy one item and get several free with it ... for ex: 2 pizzas for $14 get 2 ltr drink, dessert, garlic bread.

You just have to pay attention to sales ads and in store ads. Sometimes coupons aren't the greatest thing but they can be helpful.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Sometimes the store brands aren't that great a deal! Paper towels and toilet paper are one thing that comes to mind. You aren't saving anything if you have to use three times the amount to get the job done! KWIM? There are several things that I absolutely refuse to buy store brands of-some things it doesn't make a difference. You just have to shop the sales; and stock up when you find a super good buy. For ex: the store had boneless turkey breasts a couple of weeks ago for $5.99 each; where in the deli section sliced turkey breast was $7.99 a pound. Each of the breasts weighed about 3 pounds; no waste-do the math. I bought several at that price because that is a very good price and I have a slicer to do the job myself! Plus it's a very easy meal when you just don't feel like cooking!
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I but alot of my things at the dollar stores. Such as cleaners, toilet paper, paper towels. Those kind of things. Than I buy offbrand items. Most of the time you can't tell the difference.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2010