So this might make me sound like a B*tch but I cant help it !!!

My father is getting married again ! He was married to my mom when we were younger but they divorced when i was about 12 and then my mom remarried and great guy...

My dad is wonderful, he is a good looking 50 year old guy who most women would love, he is funny, and has some money
I just dont understand his choice in his "fiance" !

I have only met her like twice and my sister and I couldnt get over why he is with her... I mean my mom is a beautiful person she is 48 and looks like she is 28, she works out everyday, and takes pride in taking care of her looks and is very up to date

Now this woman does have a somewhat pretty face but she is BIG ! ... Like bet she is over 200 pounds ! she reminds you of Paula Dean - almost exactly looks like paula deen except with dyed redish hair .... she is what you would call a "country pumkin" ... She makes my dad these high calorie meals ( I think she puts butter in everything) ... she has turned his house into what looks like a cabin.

But my dad just acts like a complete different person, he has a goofy laugh and they constantly laugh that it is annoying, I mean she is too nice that it is sooo annoying that my sister and I make excuses to leave their house when we were invited over for dinner ( which i didnt eat because I was afriad I would fit back into the car) ...

OMG... just did you ever meet someone like this, that annoys you so much and not to mention you have to accept them because your dad has gone off the deep end ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Your dad sounds happy. You should be happy for him as well.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• She has something your dad likes. Stop being so damn rude and get to know her, there is probably something you will like about her too.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• YESS! My dad re-married not too long after my mom died 9 years ago....this woman gave me every reason not to like her ( talking trash on my dead mother) but as long as your dad is happy i think you just need to be happy for him...if they're not meant to be then they wont be and youll just need to be there to help him get through it. Gooodluck(:
    MasonsMommyy

Answer by MasonsMommyy at 1:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• So because she's overweight, she's not a good person for your dad? Sounds like he's happy, how shallow of you and your sister.

Some people can see beyond looks and see inside a person's soul. Sounds like you weren't blessed with that attribute. How disappointing and annoying.
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Wow I dont think your going to like my answer........your dad is happy and laughing and you dont like it? Your mother and father divorced when you were 12. Things have changed. So your mother works out and looks 28. Mabey your dad is attracted to women that look and act there age? You dont like this women because she is over weight in your eyes? Hmm... I dont know sounds like your alittle jealous which I guess is understandable if your still very young and Im assuming you are.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• She apparently is making your dad happy, so get over it.

Oh and one meal isn't going to kill you or make you super huge.
    SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 1:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• ThatGirl... I LOVE your answer! I wish I could vote it up a hundred times!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 1:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Well the important thing here is that your dad loves her, she makes him happy, and hopefully she loves him as much (or more) than he loves her. I do think you should get to know her and give her a chance. Who knows, maybe she has things about you that she does not like (like your judgemental, rude bitch attitude) but she is willing to overlook it and get to know you!
    Anonymous

• When I started to read this I expected you to explain how she was a horrible person. Just because she is a bigger person does not mean she is a bad person, and she does not have to cook "lean" meals to be a good person either. It sounds like that is just how she is and if your dad had a problem with it then he would address it. I do not see why you are not happy for him. If you do not want to eat her cooking, then do not. Honestly, you are making yourself sound like you are jealous of your dad moving on. I am not accusing you of this, because I do not know you or your circumstances, but I think you should just try to give her another chance. Try looking for the good things in her instead of the negative. Obviously she is not what you are used to, but the way you wrote how your mother married a "great guy..." sounds like you don't like him too much either. Maybe it's just because they are new and not what you are used to.
    BooNKodasMommy

Answer by BooNKodasMommy at 1:47 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Your Dad is an adult, let him make his own decision. Looks are not everything, what counts is if she is good to him and makes him happy.

I would stay OUT of it. It is HIS life, not yours
    AdrianaS

Answer by AdrianaS at 1:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2010