How old is it when a child sleeps all night?

i have a 7 month old boy who doesnt sleep all night he wakes up at the least 3 to 4 times a night sometimes more.. is this normal for him? what should i do??

ProuMom552

Asked by ProuMom552 at 10:40 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Every child is different and will begin sleeping through the night on their own time (when they are ready). Set up a good bedtime routine and feed him pretty close to bedtime so he will have a full belly to sleep on. Make sure he is active during the day and limit his naps in the afternoon to about 1 hr at a time max. Lastly, when he wakes up at night wait to see if he will soothe himself back to sleep; if not go in with minimal eye contact and no talking. You can pat his back or cover him with a blanket ( I give my son a pacifier) until he goes back to sleep. Good Luck!
    gwood

Answer by gwood at 10:48 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• Every child is different...my daughter was sleeping 6-8 hours a night from birth, and was sleeping 10-12 hours a night by the time she was 2 months old. Good luck!
    lae26

Answer by lae26 at 10:50 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• It sounds normal especially if he sleeps in a room by himself. My daughter started sleeping through the night when she was about 10 1/2 months. We moved her into her own room when she was 9 months and she got used to it after about a month.
    Yungmom_17

Answer by Yungmom_17 at 10:52 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• for boys ive heard that is verrrrry normal...my daughter was sleepin thru the night at just before 3 months old..i thought it was a fluke..but it just kept goin on like that..whereas my friend who had a boy was still like that up until he was a lil over 1...my nephew was somewhat the same..it just all depends..could be because hes not eating enuff and so he wakes up hungry..or could be just cuz he misses his momma!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 10:59 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

• My 2 year olds still don't sleep all night.
    Mom63601

Answer by Mom63601 at 1:08 AM on Nov. 5, 2008