ISO Recipe for Black Beans and Rice AND any other dry bean recipes.

I am in search of any for Black Beans & Rice, Cuban style. I would also like any recipes for dry beans and peas. I am going ultra frugal to kill off a debt. Thanks.

Joeygoat

Asked by Joeygoat at 1:52 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Does it have to be black beans. I have a recipe for red beans and rice. It lasts my family 2-3 days.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Red beans would be fine, too. I have been buying the Vigo brand of premade kits for Black Beans and Rice at $2.50 for 4 servings. Any recipe that is easy to prepare, very cheap and has flavor while not including much meat or heavy seasonings. Any recipes you care to share would be greatly appreciated. I already have about 20 lbs of rice on hand, and have always wanted to learn to cook those bags of dried beans I see in the grocery store. I am cutting back my budget severely because I am getting rid of a debt that I owe, and if I stay on plan, I can have it paid of in one year. So, if it takes eating beans and rice, or any other cheap food, I will do it. Thanks.

Joeygoat

Comment by Joeygoat (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I have lots of yummy bean recipes. Send me a message if you would like some

Answer by rkoloms at 7:48 PM on Nov. 23, 2010