Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need advise/info about smoking pot around children?

It's not me, just so ya know, it's my neigbors. Ever since they moved in I know they smoke pot around there kids. That has always annoyed me.
Anyway now they were telling (a guest at my house) that they were on shrooms the last couple of days, with there kids in the house and no other sober ppl. I dont know what to do. They smoke pot around their kids all day every day. This is so unsafe and just dont know what to do. Any advise on what I can do? HELP???

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Nov. 4, 2008 in General Parenting

Answers (10)
  • I would call CPS. That's about all you can do. Or call the cops when you know that they're for sure doing it and than they'll handle the rest.

    Answer by Kenzies_momma at 10:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • Call the cops and CPS. I would in a heartbeat!

    Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:44 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • CALL THE COPS ON THEM!!! Those children should not be around these idiots!

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • Have you confronted them about it yet? If not then you can call the police and be annyomus with it. That way they don't know it's you calling on them. Because you are absolutely right it is unsafe with pot being around. It effect's everyone not just children! That's what I would do.

    Answer by snickers1201 at 11:54 PM on Nov. 4, 2008

  • I would call the police on them, they are endagering those kids.

    Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:36 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

  • i would just tell them i didnt agree with those choices, then would tell the kids if they ever needed to get away from it to come over, if they came over a lot i would document it and then call csb, they will do nothing for pot smoking, i just had a class from csb i teach and you really have to do ALOT to endanger your child before they do ANYTHING anymore... which honestly i think is good, when we hear a kid has been removed we know it was really deserved and the foster care system is overrun,,, you need documentation, but to be a good neighbor give them fair warning about how you feel, they may not know you feel that way, you have been letting it go on long enough they may actually think you are cool with it,but i dont think pot smoking alone is enough for removing children anymore just so you know....

    Answer by AmaliaD at 9:05 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

  • Call CPS, they can get a court order to test the kids and if it is in their system by second hand then they can be taken away. Pot smoking is against the law and if your smoking it around your kids they will do something about it. Its child abuse.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 9:34 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

  • the kids are less than a year and a half old, I should have put that on here.
    One had to get eartubes I think from the constant smoke. They know I dont like it b/c I gribbed my entire preg. b/c I can smell through the vents when they are doing it which also bugs me with my kids.
    They are pretty good parents except for this, thats why I apprehensive about what to do. If there was some way to give them a wake up call idk. But the shrooms are what really got to me, that was just too much

    Answer by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

  • If it is coming through your vents then you need to report it. They won't immediately take their kids they will just keep a check on it. And if they don't stop smoking around their kids, then they will go to the next step.

    Answer by matthewscandi at 10:27 AM on Nov. 5, 2008

  • I am the OP
    I was thinking I should report it to the landlord since there is a strict no drugs rule, but I dont know if they would do anything without a police report, maybe I should look into it

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.