the worst gift you ever got?

come on they won't know you picked their gift - just in fun of course :) my hubby said as a kid his grandparents would buy a pack of batteries and wrap them up as his gift...he always wondered why they gave him just batteries and nothing inside. he said money was tight so they figured he must need batteries for something! lol

stargazer74

Asked by stargazer74 at 1:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Holidays

• A gorgeous silver cross with diamonds on a silver chain. Please understand, the gift was amazing but the person that gave it to me knew that I'm Athiest.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 2:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I HATE sweatshirts, and those old lady sweatshirts with pictures of dogs or something make me cringe... Yet, every year, my mom gets me at least one...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• we draw names in my husband's family and have a $50 limit. I got a big gift bag filled with bags of Doritos-seriously that was the whole gift! The worse part was everyone else got real gifts!!
    AshleyBishop06

Answer by AshleyBishop06 at 2:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• We used to have gift exchange when I was in school. In 8th grade the person who picked my name gave me two pairs of socks. And not cute socks. Just plain old socks. I was mad & embarrassed. I took them home & refused the wear them so my grandma took them & she wore them for many years. Every time I saw her wearing them it reminded me!
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My grandmother openly preferred my brother over my sister and I, so he got what he wanted and loved, and we got what fit the budget and was the right number of gifts. Some of those were just embarrassing to open.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:00 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My sis gave me a scarf with the most horrible colors and it was not even really long enough to be a scarf, maybe for a 2 year old. I swear she stopped at walgreens with 2 bucks on her way to Christmas. I am always thankful for everything but this was like an F you thing.
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 1:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• When i was 16,my aunt gave me this ring that was HUGE! It was gothic looking with this huge ass purple stone in it. It was so long that I couldn't bend my finger when I wore it. She acted all mad when I didn't wear it.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• We do pollyanna for the adults at Christmas. One year after everyone else got their gift, I got the last one. It was a digital photo frame, and everyone who knows me know I HATE electronic stuff, esp the ones that come with instructions that I have to figure out...it's just not my thing. ..you'd think that I have all my photos printed out, labeled in chronological order in photo albums is a giveway, right? and then my sister-in-law said "i couldn't remember who I got, so I just got something gender-neutral". I think that was the worst gift I got...b/c no thought went into it... 2nd worst, a tube of socks from my uncle in high school!!!
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• AshleyBishops06,

Doritos? Get out of town! Did you ever figure out who did that? My guess is probably your 20 year old cousin or brother from college. LOL!!!!
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 2:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My dad used to buy us Flannel, Button Up, Long Sleeve Shirts for Christmas every year as kids. "They're to keep you warm" he would tell us, but we would just throw them in the closet and forget about them. Not a single one of us wanted to wear them and we never did.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 2:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2010