Does anyone else think this Black Friday thing is out of control? 3 am really?

There is nothing I need that bad that I will get up and be standing in front of a store at 3 am.

How about you?

christinato

Asked by christinato at 2:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Shopping

• I think it's gotten beyond ridiculous. Thanksgiving used to be one of the three holidays a year you could count on not working (for those of us in retail), and now stores are opening on Thursday to "beat the rush". Anything for the almighty dollar. Before all of this started, I worked at a store that was one of the first to decide that opening at midnight on Black Friday was the way to go, and stayed open 24 hours. We were not staffed for that kind of manpower operation, but no one at corporate cared, it's not like they were working....

I think, when corporate offices are planning sales like this and customers are shopping, super early on Friday morning and even on Thanksgiving day itself, people should consider the employees who have no choice in the matter and might prefer to be at home with their families. But that's just me.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:50 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• For real! A new tv that is only cut down like 50 dollars?! please ...
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 2:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• more & more people get hurt every year.... I think they should tone things down a little.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 2:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• no and those special things they wait for are only available to maybe the 1st couple of customers
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 2:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I love going. It is fun and exciting. I get some great deals and really it more of an experience with friends or family. I did however when I was 18 sleep outside of a Best Buy because I had to have a computer for college and that was the only way I could afford one.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 2:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Did you see the couple that has been in front of a best buy since like yesterday.... Get out! No way... They didn't even know what was on sale when they got in line....
    christinato

Comment by christinato (original poster) at 2:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I've never been to one.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 2:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• It use to be the stores opened at 6:00 am there are some opening at 3 am some that are opening on Thanksgiving for the Black Friday Deal... out of control. I am out!

I was an avid Black Friday shopper loved the hussel and bussel.... But they have made it a new animal.
    christinato

Comment by christinato (original poster) at 2:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• WTF outside for 3 days??? So dumb. And yes the saftey issues are getting worse and more frequent
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 2:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Seriously??3 AM???WOWZER.I do not need anything that bad to get up so early to try to get a good sale on it.I do not go shopping on black Friday,I value my life to much for that. : ) From what I hear it sounds like it keeps getting more dangerous every year.
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 2:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010