So it IS possible to refuse a scan and pat down? (If you have 2.5+ hours to spare)

Meanwhile, one patient traveller has proved it is possible to bypass the high-level security measures in place at all airports, but only if you have time on your hands. Blogger Matt Kernan recorded his epic experience as he returned to North Kentucky International Airport in Cincinnati from Paris on Sunday. Exasperated at being told to prepare for a body scan and with time on his hands, the determined businessman decided to make a stand - with remarkable results. Writing on his website noblasters.com, he said: 'I certainly don’t enjoy being treated like a terrorist in my own country, but I’m also not a die-hard constitutional rights advocate. 'However, for some reason, I was irked.' 'Maybe it was the video of the three-year old getting molested, maybe it was the sexual assault victim having to cry her way through getting groped, maybe it was the father watching teenage TSA officers joke about his attractive daughter. 'Whatever it was, this issue didn’t sit right with me. We shouldn’t be required to do this simply to get into our own country.' As a result, Mr Kernan informed staff he did not want to go through the infamous Backscatter imaging machine. He was told he would have to undergo an invasive pat-down search, but again politely told staff that he would consider any contact with his genital areas as assault. After being told that the two options were TSA policy, he replied: ' I disagree with the policy, and I think that it is unconstitutional. 'As a US citizen, I have the right to move freely within my country as long as I can demonstrate proof of citizenship and have demonstrated no reasonable cause to be detained.' As the situation escalated further airport police were called and more senior TSA officials but Mr Kernan refused to back down, remaining calm throughout. Eventually causing a stand-off between police and TSA officers over who should resolve the situation, Mr Kernan was told by a superviser: 'Here’s what we’re going to do. I’m going to escort you out of the terminal to the public area. 'You are to stay with me at all times. Do you understand?' He was then escorted by the police and no less than 13 TSA officer through security without a hand laid on him. He said: 'And then came the most ridiculous scene of which I’ve ever been a part. 'I gather my things – jacket, scarf, hat, briefcase, chocolates. 'We walk over to the staff entrance and he scans his badge to let me through. We walk down the long hallway that led back to the baggage claim area. We skip the escalators and moving walkways.' He was then waved away by annoyed officers and said: 'In order to enter the US, I was never touched, I was never “Backscatted,” and I was never metal detected. 'In the end, it took 2.5 hours, but I proved that it is possible. I’m looking forward to my next flight on Wednesday.' Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1332307/Now-abused-TSA-staff-vent-anger-security-patdown-searches.html#ixzz168QpAimv

Gal51

Asked by Gal51 at 2:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Get off of her back older Christ..if you agreed with her you'd be saying she can post as often as she wants..
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 5:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• You need to get a hobby!

You rant about homosexuals not having rights she is ranting about all citizens losing their rights. I figured you would like her posts. I guess you are the only one allowed to be indigent about something.lol

Anonymous

• I can't wait to come back and say I told you so when the next attack has nothing to do with people getting on a plane,
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:30 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Gal, if you are here 24/7 ranting about the pad downs doesn't leave much time to do anything else, common sense sweetie!

***

Says the woman with 211,000 points!!! LOL :oP
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• if it keep my little ones safe.

WRONG

it won't detect anything concealed in a body cavity, which is all the capacity necessary for a sufficient quantity of explosives to take down a plane.

also they are NOT screening everyone even to the degree of thoroughness used in these new procedures, nor are they screening all cargo.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 10:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• and have demonstrated no reasonable cause to be detained.' How did this man demonstrate anything?

for fuck's sake, what the hell ever happened to the presumption of innocence? the burden of proof is NOT on us.

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• indigent

that word doesn't mean what you think it means.

on the other hand, Older, why won't you let people discuss what we want to?

autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 11:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I don't understand how we are to detect that without using the current method of either the body scan or the pat down.

There are several other options which don't include violating everyone's rights .... it's been mentioned several times before. The most prominent example being Israel.
    Gal51

Comment by Gal51 (original poster) at 2:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• older ... so do you.
    Gal51

• Everyone is getting used to this.

No ... everyone is NOT getting used to this.
    Gal51

Comment by Gal51 (original poster) at 3:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2010