OB call after ultrasound...?

Hi ladies.

I went for my second early internal ultrasound. I had to go at 5 weeks do to light spotting and all was well with a 101bpm. She did tell me I was 4.5 weeks which was a week behind what I'd estimated.
Today at my second, the nurse assured me that all seemed well. It had a 164bpm which she said is normal and that I was ranging at 7.5 weeks. So now I'm back on track...not sure why I was a week behind the last time... Anyway, she looked at my ovaries and looked particularly long on the right side. She was quiet and I watched her patiently. She didn't say anything but afterwards said everything looked normal and to try and relax. I asked her about a due date and that's actually when she went into my being 7.5 weeks with a July 7th due date. She then told me that the doctor would look it over and call me tomorrow cause he has to do all that. He didn't last time, and I was wondering if it was because she thought something may be wrong. When I called them back to inquire about what he may be calling about, the receptionist just said nurses and ultrasound techs can't really tell much and the doctor goes over everything and calls with all the details.

Should I be concerned or does this sound routine? Did he not call last time because it was so early and I was scheduled for a follow up anyways? Just wanting some opinions!

Charmasina

Asked by Charmasina at 2:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• techs will tell you stuff if you beg and promise not to tell the doc. they know a lot!! yeah it does sound concerning. i have had situations like - the ob is at the hospital when i get my second US ... so they are supposed to look it over and get back in touch with me - they never called me though - it was just mentioned at the next appt that everything was fine.... then again how big is the practice - they Could just be calling to tell you it was fine, or you havea long ovary or something... i would keep calling them until they got bothered enough to make the doc take the phone.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:43 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• The doctor has to look at it too. The tech isnt suppose to tell you anything even if they see something.
    Anonymous

• The only time i had a tech was when i had my 20 week and 37 week u/s, in the beginning my OB did it all and if something was wrong he said it then and there. So this is all new to me with them doing it that way. I personally wouldn't like going to a doctor that dosen't do u/s him or herself. but that's me. But i hope all is well for u and that everything work's out. Good Luck!!!
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 2:53 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• and after those visit the Dr would look over them and talk about them on the next visit if it wasn't bad, but if something was wrong the tech would call the Dr in the room while she was doing it. like the did with my sister-in-law.
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 2:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• never heard of that my doc never called me
    alaina_20

Answer by alaina_20 at 7:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2010