i want/need to get on birth control but i would very much prefer the patch...

my question is;;; after seeing the dr. before getting on bc.etc. who makes the final decision as to what form of bc i get? i know for a fact i will forget to take the pill. i would prefer the patch over depo also. ps;; any one on the patch? what are side effects?

maya123

Asked by maya123 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Health

• You and your doctor will talk about it and decide what is right for you.
    ballewal

Answer by ballewal at 2:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Your doctor will advise you, but you will make the ultimate descision....
    momof2redhedz

Answer by momof2redhedz at 3:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• For awhile, women who were even slightly overweight were getting pregnant on the patch. So be careful. Too risky of bc for me.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I was on the patch and it made me sick...it seems as if every birth control I go on makes me sick...
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 2:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• You make all the choices for your own body, not your Dr.

The patch was the worste BC I've ever had. Not only did it make me puke a bunch & totally screw with my cycle, but it left these ugly sticky dirty spots on my skin where it was stuck & it was wicked hard to wash off.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 3:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• You make the descision. The patch was the worst BC I have ever been on. It gave me 2 periods a month, The corners came off, it hurt to change, left a dirty square on me where the patch was. Never again will I use it. I am on the nuvaring and LOVE it! No bad side effects for me at all.
    Alexsmom04

Answer by Alexsmom04 at 4:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2010