Have you ever felt this way?

Have you ever felt a certain way about a person and knew that they werent any good to you but wanted to stick around to find out other wise. I am the kind of girl that is always wanting a challenging man and I think I found one but I just have a strong feeling that he is not the one that I should consider settling down with. When I am around him I get the chills all over my body. But deep down inside I know this man will only hurt me and leave me. Maybe I am speaking from a broken heart or setting this up for failure...just in case. I am thinking about taking some time away from him until he feels the same way that I do. I dont know if he does but his actions shows me a lot...

If you have ever felt this way about a person please enlighten me on what you did and where do you and this person stands as of 11/23/2010?

BTW...dont answer anonymously!

mom42107

Asked by mom42107 at 2:44 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Trust your gut and leave. Don't need to earn the been there and done that, but I did. Almost didn't live to tell the tale. Get out before you get beat or worst, get dead. Just leave.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 2:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• He will not do anything violent but I think he is a cheater. He was telling me about some past relationship and he would always leave one woman for another because he would gain interest in another woman and focus his attention on the new one....So I said to him that he is a replacer....meaning he replaces women when he gets tired of them or when he mets another woman. (He never responded) So I am thinking that I should just label him as a good friend or stop all communications......
    mom42107

Comment by mom42107 (original poster) at 2:59 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I can't really relate to this situation, but I wanted to share a thought or two:
    If you KNOW (deep down inside) why do you set yourself up for drama and heartache? There must be some kind of benefit in it for you, because people what works for them.
    I think what you wrote is really interesting, because right today I've been reading something on the subject of "setting this up for failure". It's got to do with the image you have of yourself. If you believe it'll fail ... so it will. (There's much more to it, but I want to make it short.) But it doesn't have to if you choose otherwise. What do you want to happen?
    BeachMom81

Answer by BeachMom81 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• @ Beachmom81....I want it to work out but I have had a bad relationship in the past and I am trying to be more cautious now then before. As for the benefit....he is a great provider and well respected. But I just got a feeling in my heart that he will not do right by me. He may lose interest because of his pattern. I dont want to be giving 100% and only getting 25%.
    mom42107

Comment by mom42107 (original poster) at 3:08 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I can totally relate to you and your situation. I've been with my husband 20 1/2 years. He had his faults that I always hoped he change but then last year he cheated on me with the nastiest of cum dumpsters but I'm still here. Why? I have no idea. Should I still be here? No, probably not, I deserve a lot better than him. Why don't I leave? Somewhere in the back of my head I'm still hoping for that magical change in him but deep down in my heart and soul, I know he never will. So, I guess you answer is, get out while you're still young before you GET REPLACED!!!
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 3:12 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yes i can.. i have always found men that i know deep down will never work out and i was always right.. i would stick around til i knew in my heart that forsure it wasn't going to work out, always being the one who would have to end it.. i have learned that don't settle for anything less than what you really would like to have in your life.. i will tell you it was a long road of dating and dumping.. i decided i would give up on the dating scene and enjoy my single life, then out of the blue the man i am with now came along and we will be having a baby girl next year in Jan... and i still am unsure that this is it til proved other wise, trust issues have come up and sometimes i think he just isn't in it the way i am.. time will tell..
    You are the only one who can feel it in your gut if this guy is right for you, time will tell. His actions will show you what is in his heart.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 3:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2010