Are you smarter than your husband? Does it affect your relationship?

Just wondering... Sometimes I feel like I have to explain everything to my hubby a few time before he understands. like computer stuff or meanings of words or common sense issues.... Although I am very patient, it does get irritating.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• I think we compliment each other well. In terms of intelligence, we are 1 point away from each other on the IQ scale so our "intelligence" is basically he same. We have different interests and so can teach each other about different things.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 2:56 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My husband is an electrician and he understands algebra at a fundamental level. He is a genius.

I have genius level language comprehension and interpersonal skills.

... his IQ is as high as mine, but in different areas. So, the things I'm smart about I'm much smarter than dh... and vice versa.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yes and yes. Our IQ's differ by over 60 points and it is a big strain on our relationship. I have to do all computer stuff, bill paying, well just about everything. I know that IQ's are not everything. DH is very good at fixing stuff such as cars and electronics. He just doesn't know how to use the electronics when they are working. I feel like I have another school age child around most of the day.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 2:57 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• NO,my SO IS way smarter then me.Sometimes the things he says to me you would think I was the dumbest person on earth and I'm like HELLO I know I'm not smart but I'm not that dumb : )
    Ananomys

Answer by Ananomys at 2:58 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I did much better in school than my husband, but he's much better at hands on things. We were lab partners and it worked great because he used his strengths doing the actual experiment, and I used mine writing it up. We are a great team!

Answer by missanc at 3:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My DH is way smarter then i am.. He is in the navy as a sub nav. and the things that you have to go through and the test you have to take to even be on a sub let alone be a nav is crazy he is one of the smartest people i know.... He gets mad at me cause i dont understand half the time what he is saying lol...
    Navymommy1

Answer by Navymommy1 at 3:29 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• There are things that he is more knowlegible about and there are things I'm more knowlegible about but we compliment each other well. We are both pretty smart, he just has a hard time reading and spelling so I help him out with that, but it's never been a problem. I know that more people than you'd think have issues with spelling so I just help him spell words when he asks.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 3:41 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My husband is extremely intelligent. He amazes me every day. The only subject I trump him in is English. He even has common sense, which is not so common any more as most would agree, I'm sure.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 3:45 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Nope, Hubby way "book" smarter than me. I am more street smart. He is a Doc and reads everything educational, I only have a HS diploma It works for us. i sometimes call him Mr. Useless Information and he laughs.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 4:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• No, we're pretty evenly matched when it comes to intelligence. Honestly, he's pretty much my equal in every way, he's just a lot (a foot) taller than me, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:07 PM on Nov. 23, 2010