There are some good, caring, daycare providers/babysitters out there..

Everyone makes it seem like daycare/babysitters are the worst thing you could ever send your children too. Everyone I know has really good care providers for their children. It is about finding the right fit.

Why does everyone always seem to bash daycare providers?
Parents work, that is just the way things are, not everyone has the privilege to be able to be a one income family and some people just do not want to be.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't consider daycare unless I trusted the provider 100%. Yes, there are great providers out there. My family has found a few of them.
    MomToBeISaMom

Answer by MomToBeISaMom at 3:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I agree 100%

Actually, my DS just got invited to a christmas party at our old DCP's house who we left over a year ago for preschool.
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 3:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• The ones I used and the ones my daughter uses are just fine. In fact, there are waiting lists. Never had any issues and never heard of any around here.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:22 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• you rock   Thank you!  I was just telling someone the other day how much it bothers me to see and hear so much negative about my line of work.  :(   

Anonymous

• I have the greatest daycare provider. She has a long waiting list. Everyone loves her. Honestly, I never hear people bashing daycare.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My daycare provider is also wonderful. She is very loving, and at the same time has high standards for behavior, does art projects almost daily with the kids, teaches them songs and rhymes. She is really wonderful and I know my daughter is in good hands and getting lots of love and affection. I feel my daughter has a strong bond to her care provider and that makes me thankful.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2010