Does your dog (if you have on) shadow your childs every move?

When our daughter is outside playing, our dog is always wherever she is.When I look to check up on her,if I can't see her right away, I look to see where the dog is because I know where ever the dog is she will be close by.

Ananomys

Asked by Ananomys at 3:16 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pets

• Mt MILs dog followed my daughter every where her first year. I was leaving with her the first year of my daughters life and the funny thing the dog and my daughter shared the same birthday and they were the same age. The dog followed and was always behind her if my daughter was about to fall over when attempting to stand, She was very protective of my daughter.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:21 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My dog is the same exact way!!! She loves my daughters!!!
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 3:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• yep mine doed it to my nephew... Its cause as a dog know matter what kind their job is to protect so they usually go for the little ones... like my dog if he didnt know who you where and you went to my nephew to say hi he would growl at you until someone he knew said it was okay... I love it
    Navymommy1

Answer by Navymommy1 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Oh yes, lol.I have to separate them at times because she's always right on top of my son, lol.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:04 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yes! I had Marlee for 6 years before Evan was born. She is no longer my dog, she is Evan's, LOL. It doesn't bother me though.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:18 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My dog follows my son everywhere too and its annoying to me because she stands right in front of him - its like I have to fight her to get to him.
    tarakenyon06

Answer by tarakenyon06 at 3:32 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yes my black lab does.
    aliceinlove

Answer by aliceinlove at 6:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Yes My dog follows my daughter alot to
    SheriesMom

Answer by SheriesMom at 11:33 PM on Nov. 24, 2010

• yep same thing...the boyfriend has a 16 month year old & wherever tha baby is boss ( my pitt) is right there!! whenever shes not here boss sleeps on the little fold out couch...lays by her stuffed animals...i have a picture of her on a lower shelf on my entertainment center...he goes and licks it!! i couldnt figure out 4 the longest why that frame was always knocked backwards...untill one day she left & he want over to the picture frame & licked it until it fell...now who says all pitt bulls are mean??? not my bossy boss!! ;)
    notthamama

Answer by notthamama at 2:13 AM on Dec. 2, 2010