Hw do you handle this?

Ive been married for seven years and I married into a two faced gossiping family. Everyones nice to everyones face and who ever leaves the room gets talked about and then the next. Half truths half lies i cant handle it i dont want to be around any of them ever again :( my husbands agrees with me and doesnt like going around the drama but it always comes to us.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:17 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Relationships

• Are you my SIL?
    bjojola

Answer by bjojola at 3:19 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I would jsut be honest with them and let them know that this is what you guys see and you dont want to be apart of it and until they stop you guys wont be coming around anymore...
    Navymommy1

Answer by Navymommy1 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I stay away from my family as well its easier to do this then to put up with the gossip
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• My husband left the city his family lives in and has managed to avoid going back more than twice a decade, so all their junior high school drama lives there and we live here. 3000 miles is a good number.

It touched our family just last summer, and when it got reported to dh (through his mother) he tore a strip off her from her ankles to her hairline, at the top of his lungs, employing every delightful word the Anglo-Saxons left to us. I think it will be at least another decade before she braves shipping any more this way.

I couldn't care less how they treat each other... but there are no circumstances under which I will stand still in any room and listen to it because even sitting silently might suggest to them that their approach to life is even slightly acceptable. I sat through one of those performances once, and will never do it again.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Sometimes it's the healthiest choice to avoid our families..that doesn't sound like a group I'd want to hang out with either..more power to you for saving your own sanity.
    chocolatluver

Answer by chocolatluver at 3:35 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Well if both of you agree that you dont want to be around it, your not obligated to be around it!! It seems like an easy already made decision. I refuse to put myself in the company of others who add stress to my life especially when I can control it! If your not going to add to the positives in my life dont bother knocking on my door! (I know everything is not always sugar and roses) but seriously, I have gotten to the point that I dont talk to most of my family any more for similar reasons! And I havent been happier!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2010