How do you feel about this.......?

Dear Mr. President, I hear you would like to freeze pay rates for soldiers
starting next year. Would you also consider cutting your own pay to save much more money for our country? While you're at it, lets cut down on congressman's pay too. If the people who risk their lives don't get an increase in pay, why would we continue raising pay for those who take NO risks and reap the benefits?

My sister posted this on FB and I was really upset about this....how would you feel about our Soldiers not getting a pay increase while the "Fat Cat's" get fatter...

motherganey5

Asked by motherganey5 at 3:23 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.military.com/features/0,15240,222602,00.html

The same proposal suggests limiting UN and foreign aid packages as well ... but not congresscritters, not the pres, and not those collecting wefare from the safety and comfort of their homes.

We should dump our membership in the UN and tell them to take their expensive hobbies somewhere else (after the members pay their parking tickets), drastically lower our financial foreign aide (I'm ok with goods, services), insist that congresscritters keep their day jobs and get paid on commission only while they are in session (and drop their retirement entirely ... and make that retro), and cut welfare before we ever touch soldiers' pay!

Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 6:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Remember that a gov big enough

While I believe that our military is a Constitutionally valid expense, those whining about the government not giving other "cost-of-living" increases aught to consider the above quote.

And to answer the OPs question ... yes, if Obama freezes soldiers pay, then he should freeze all paychecks for all government employees including himself .... in fact, he should give himself and Congress a pay cut.

Gal51

Answer by Gal51 at 3:37 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• this is year 2 in a row that americas disabled aren't getting a cost of living increase........ wages suck. life sucks. the country sucks.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 3:24 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Personally, I think we should significantly reduce the pay of our elected officials. Most of them, or at least a good portion of them, are independently wealthy and don't need it. See how many are trully in it for "public service." Yes freezing soldiers pay bothers me quite a bit.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 4:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• COLA.....there is no COLA raise
    .Social Security didn't get a COLA raise either.Times are tough.
    Cost of living allowance.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 4:25 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• As always guys, the rich get richer and the poor get poorer, as my mother used to say.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:26 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• this is year 2 in a row that americas disabled aren't getting a cost of living increase.

Nor our seniors
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• http://myarmywifelife.com/archives/1481
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 3:27 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Dear Mr. President, I hear you would like to freeze pay rates for soldiers

Where did you hear this? Link, please?
    DEpley

Answer by DEpley at 4:13 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• Why is this addressed to the President? The Debt commission Panel is making a report...they haven't even presented it to the President yet

The 58-part "illustrative" plan was unveiled Wednesday by former Republican Sen. Alan Simpson (Wyo.) and Erskine Bowles, chief of staff to President Clinton, who serve as co-chairmen of the National Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform.

That 18-member blue-ribbon panel is to deliver a final report to the President by December on ways to tackle a U.S. debt crisis that grows continually, with annual federal deficits nearing 10 percent of the gross domestic product, a rate higher than any year since World War II.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 8:55 PM on Nov. 23, 2010