Blood in my urine

I am 21 weeks(will be 22 tomorrow) and apparently i have blood in my urine. I've had this pretty much my whole pregnancy and last thursday they did a catheter u/a. Waiting on the dr. office to call me back on the results. I have a history of pre eclampsia and am worried. The nurse told me not to worry because their is nothing else in my urine....like protein or something. But i'm still worried! I'm not sure what exactly this means..i mean could something be wrong like when there is protein or something like that? What could cause this? My doctor doesn't seem too worried and hasn't the whole pregnancy. But said we need to figure out what's going on hence the cath u/a. Ugh! I hate waiting on the doctors office! Please help!

bcbmami

Asked by bcbmami at 3:33 PM on Nov. 23, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Kidney damage is usually the reason, unless you have crystals in your bladder that are scraping... but lasting this long and being pain free, I'd bet on kidney problems.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:34 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• when i was like 30 or 32 weeks prego with my 1st i had like actual pieces of blood in my urine they sad that maybe my blood pressure was to high or i was being to active. but everything was fine, but i did have mild pre- eclamsia.
    britt_howard

Answer by britt_howard at 3:39 PM on Nov. 23, 2010

• I had blood in my urine...caused by kidney stones
    TiffanieAnn

Answer by TiffanieAnn at 4:54 PM on Nov. 23, 2010